Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did it work for you. After drilling it out did you grind off the rest?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gave it a halfhearted pry with a screwdriver. I don't have a dremel or grinder so I gave up. Since I had just voided the warranty, I figured I better not go melt the frame with some nasty chemicals.

The "right" solution would probably be to at least grind the hanger flat. Looks ugly, but at least my frame is black so it sort of blends in.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am thinking about the same thing. Can you send me a PM on how it looks right now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like this, but holes where the rivets were:

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Good to know! I am usually mid 80s so unless I have a big downhill or big tailwind I should be fine. Might get a 52 for my other crank that way if I need to I can switch it up. Wish they made a 52 for 110 bcd though. Maybe soon.
SRAM sells the spider to mount on your crank arm... I have one for 110 and just bought one for 130 as I iron out which front chain ring to go with. http://www.jensonusa.com/...rank-Spider-11-Speed

I'm kicking around the 50, 52, 54 chain ring myself. Currently ride a 50 on my TT and there are times where I feel I spin out, not a super fast cadence rider.

That said I guess I could have a 50 and a 54 with a chain for each setup in addition to having cassette choices.

I'm really leaning to the 52 or 54 honestly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I drilled out mine and it was bonded. I just pulled it off with and taped over the bonding spots.

ART, MDT, DNS, MPI, FST
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [tri_big_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you show a few pics if possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm looks interesting! I will check it out a bit more but not sure it will work with my older Rival crankset. But still a good idea!

xeon wrote:
jrielley wrote:
Good to know! I am usually mid 80s so unless I have a big downhill or big tailwind I should be fine. Might get a 52 for my other crank that way if I need to I can switch it up. Wish they made a 52 for 110 bcd though. Maybe soon.

SRAM sells the spider to mount on your crank arm... I have one for 110 and just bought one for 130 as I iron out which front chain ring to go with. http://www.jensonusa.com/...rank-Spider-11-Speed

I'm kicking around the 50, 52, 54 chain ring myself. Currently ride a 50 on my TT and there are times where I feel I spin out, not a super fast cadence rider.

That said I guess I could have a 50 and a 54 with a chain for each setup in addition to having cassette choices.

I'm really leaning to the 52 or 54 honestly.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you use spacers when mounting your chain ring?

I have a compact Force 22 crankset that I bought a 1x SRAM 50T for... just wondering if I'll have to account for the missing second chain ring when I mount the 1X.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't have to use anything but the new bolts that came with the chainring. I would assume it would be the same with the 22 crankset.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. The 1x chainrings come with washers that are the same thickness as the small chainring.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my 1x chain ring off of someone and they don't have the spacers... guess I need to find some spacers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or shorter chainring bolts.....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any trouble with chainline in the highest or lowest gears? Don't like the idea of the chain shipping while turning the 11 at speed. I'm about to pull the trigger on a chainring to begin my 1x conversion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still working on getting all of the wiring inside of the nosecone, but this is where I am currently at. I am waiting for Absolute Black to come out with a 54t for their 1x. They said it was going to come out end of December/beginning of January, but nothing yet. This chain ring won't be perfect, but will be good enough for now I think. I have been doing this under the tutelage of Zach Boring, who is properly sick of my shit by now I imagine.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! I love it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Got around to a bunch of work on my bike... ran new cables, installed a new BB, few other things... dropped a front derailleur and chain ring.

As of now 1x 170mm cranks, 50 11-28

Thinking of going with an 11 speed... so probably a R2C shifter and maybe jump to 54 on the front staying with 11-28. I probably should have drilled out the rivets for the FD when I had the BB out... oh well.

Early impression it wasn't much different than my 2x since I was running the same gearing. The chain line seems to be good across the cassette due to the position of the teeth though. If you look at it the front of the ring it is dished backward, probably to a point somewhere between where the 2x rings are. Not super noisey and not a hint of a drop... roads are pretty rough around here right now.
Last edited by: xeon: Feb 13, 17 6:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P2C is now a 1x build with the front derailleur hanger removed. I just have to sand it down a little in the area where it was removed and cover the holes. I was very nervous when it snapped the bond as I thought I did a lot more damage than I actually did but when it came off it looks good and much cleaner now. I will be able to install the hanger again if required.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
For that size I would contact Fibre-Lyte and have them build you one. I have a 50t on the way from them.

I have had extremely good luck with their single chainrings and do not use a clutch RD either.

thanks for the great advice - here is my 56t - it's fantastic! I rode it yesterday on the IM Boulder course with only an 11-28 and it was fine. I also have an 11-32 if things get a little steeper, and toying with a larger cassette (11-40+) for courses like Ultraman Hawaii where there are some steep climbs.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is amazing looking. I will have to post a picture of my new one as well. Love Fibre-Lyte.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
I drilled out the rivets on the hanger of my Speed Concept. It is also bonded. Sad!

Take one of the box cutter razor blades (the kind with the metal band on one side) and work it under the edge of the hanger. Tap it a couple times and your bonded hanger should pop right off very cleanly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
Still working on getting all of the wiring inside of the nosecone, but this is where I am currently at. I am waiting for Absolute Black to come out with a 54t for their 1x. They said it was going to come out end of December/beginning of January, but nothing yet. This chain ring won't be perfect, but will be good enough for now I think. I have been doing this under the tutelage of Zach Boring, who is properly sick of my shit by now I imagine.

So does this mean you can fit the blip box inside the nosecone on a Shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of crank are you running?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply