Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One for up and one for down. together they change the FD.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FD?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just put the 32t on there and adjusted your b screw? Nothing else needed? I'd like to have a 30 or 32t on my p5 etap but didnt want to go that route because the 28t max SRAM states.

Why would they state 28 if a 32 fits? Unique to the P5 frame that allows it to fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the process of building mine. I went with the 50t SRAM Sync and currently have an Ultegra RD SS that can handle up to a 28t rear cassette. Anyone have any experience with the 50t and 11-28, and was it enough, or should I upgrade to the 11-32 and get a new RD? I live in Colorado, but don't do a lot of climbing on this bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [brett2467] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run a SRAM Xsync 50t with an 11-28 rear cassette. On some of the steeper climbs I could use another gear or two but for most riding it's great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had good results using a Wolf's Tooth Road Link. http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...on/products/roadlink
I got my SRAM RD from a 28t max to 36t. You could easily do a 11-32t cassette.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brett2467 wrote:
In the process of building mine. I went with the 50t SRAM Sync and currently have an Ultegra RD SS that can handle up to a 28t rear cassette. Anyone have any experience with the 50t and 11-28, and was it enough, or should I upgrade to the 11-32 and get a new RD? I live in Colorado, but don't do a lot of climbing on this bike.

Is that a P5-6 front end on a P3? That is definitely a one -off
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually got the idea from zachboring. He has a thread on here called the P3-6 and even took it a step further by using the interface with tririg brakes. It was a fun, but expensive, project.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 50 with an 11-28. I haven't ridden many climbs but I really like it. Debating whether or not to stick with the 1x next year or go back to my 52/36 since I will be doing some hillier races. But love the ease of the set up after one season!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://flic.kr/p/MZbq88

48t QX1 with 11-28 at the moment, am going to put an XO clutch deraileur and XX 11-36 to make it pretty much same range as previous 53/39 QXL (curiously the difference between 53 and 48 up front is less than 53 and 11 vs 12t out back).
https://flic.kr/p/MZbqaT

I have put the ring on the inside of chainring, which leaves little room between chainring ans chainstay but a much better chainline.

I had underestimated just how much more I change gear now, and how many changes are on the bull bar - not going back!
Last edited by: cborrman: Oct 15, 16 8:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sent my money for my new 50t spiderless chainring from Fibre-Lyte and hope to have this in the next month by post. If I need to go bigger than 11/28 then I believe I can go up to 32t with the B-limit adjustment but if that does not work then Wolf Roadlink for $22 is a good option. OR I just steal my wifes medium cage RD. She will not notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Just sent my money for my new 50t spiderless chainring from Fibre-Lyte and hope to have this in the next month by post. If I need to go bigger than 11/28 then I believe I can go up to 32t with the B-limit adjustment but if that does not work then Wolf Roadlink for $22 is a good option. OR I just steal my wifes medium cage RD. She will not notice.

Can't wait to see it :) What crank will you use it with?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OLD FSA with removable spider. This allows me to have the chain ring right between where the large and small would be and gives me a perfect chainline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a sexy build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am contemplating going to a 1x setup on my tribike, I race mostly flat stuff anyway. I will likely use my (old) Shimano 5 arm 130bcd crank, going with a 52t Sram xsync chainring. That should fit, right? What I can't seem to be finding a whole lot of information on, is whether I will need different (shorter) chainring bolts? On some webstores I see the ring comes with little chainbolt spacers, which might suggest I can use the normal length ones? Appreciate hearing from people who have converted a standard crankset. Also, for 10sp what would you guys advice for a chain? I'm currently running KMC 10sp chain. Don't plan on changing RD.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
I am contemplating going to a 1x setup on my tribike, I race mostly flat stuff anyway. I will likely use my (old) Shimano 5 arm 130bcd crank, going with a 52t Sram xsync chainring. That should fit, right? What I can't seem to be finding a whole lot of information on, is whether I will need different (shorter) chainring bolts? On some webstores I see the ring comes with little chainbolt spacers, which might suggest I can use the normal length ones? Appreciate hearing from people who have converted a standard crankset. Also, for 10sp what would you guys advice for a chain? I'm currently running KMC 10sp chain. Don't plan on changing RD.

Last month I converted my old, 2x10 speed tribike to a 1x10. Did it on the cheap using the original rear DA DR and a WolfTooth road link to extend the throw. I put on a 12x30 Ultegra cassette and installed a new Ultegra chain after removing the front DR. I had an Shimano Ultegra 53-39 up front and tested it in a low key sprint tri without the front DR. It seemed to be working fine but I dropped the chain off the 53 to the inside twice in the last 2 miles. So ended up ordering a 52T WolfTooth chainring for 130 BCD. They indicated I would need different chainring bolts so I picked up a set in red to match the bike. Success. I used it in an international tri this month and the Ultegra chain is not budging.

Note: I don't touch BBs so I took it to the LBS with the WolfTooth chainring and let them remove the Shimano chainrings and install the new 52T. When they first did it, the chain would not drop between the teeth. They took a photo and sent it direct to WolfTooth which promptly shipped a warranty replacement to the LBS...with no customer service issues. Apparently, the one they first sent me was manufactured slightly too wide. Working like a champ now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:

If your Crank looks anything like ^^ that ^^ I'm fairly certain it will.

You can use Shims with your current Bolts or just get a new set specific for 1x (example).

The Chain is entirely up to you. I've used KMC & Dura Ace as race-only Chains & they work great on a Shimano/SRAM Drivetrain. I'd suggest grabbing a Wippermann Quick Connex for easy no-tools removal & installation. Fast lubricants can be found via Friction Facts.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great cable routing! How did you route the di2 cabling, through top tube, downtube and battery placement in seat tube? Where is the junction box and what kind of shifter is that on the left basebar? Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [dr.sepsis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drilled through top tube/down tube to get the wire to the BB area
The battery is in the right extender bar.
The shifter on the base bar is a climbing switch and had to splice longer wire to reach junction A box tucked up in the stem.[/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Oct 26, 16 7:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading this thread I took the plunge. Mainly, dropping too many chains on my P5/Quarq. I went with the1x11 SRAM with clutch RD with a 50x11-32. I am loving it so far this week. Perfect for TX hill country. When the gradients get 6% I will go to the 11-36 cog. I love how the cheap Rival clutch RD keeps the chain taut.

Only concern: I am a little scared I may spin out at IMAZ. But hey, save the legs for the run....

Thanks all for the inspiration. #drunkthekoolaid
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Trentw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you're spinning out that gear you'll be going 40mph so I guess thats a good time to stop pedaling ;) I also took the plunge! Went with a 52 but only because that fits my current chainset. If/when I'll be going to crank based power I'll go 110bcd and prob a 50t. Still, I'd like to see 110bcd narrow wide chainrings larger than 50t, anyone find/use those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was spinning out much sooner than 40mph... at 90 cadence I think it was around 31 or 32 mph. But, still love the setup. And yes, I looked everywhere for a solution over 52t for my 110 BCD, no luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your 1 X ?? build [Trentw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my set up and at times wish I had a 52 but for me I would up my cadence to get to 100ish then coast so it was closer to 35 then I would coast. I want to stick with 1x but I will have to see the course for 70.3 WC in Chatt next year to see if I would need some extra gearing. All my races were pretty flat this year and I won't want to really go more than the 11-28 I have on now. Either way love it so far. Maybe I will just have to suck it up and go 11-32 to stay with it, but I don't want to give up the 50.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next