Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Show me a photo of your coffee machine!
Quote | Reply
I'm working on a nice graphic mosaic of our customers' coffee machines of choice. Huge variety of images from basic french presses to high $ chrome Lavazza machines.

What's your brewer look like? Post photo here or email to answers@coffeesofhawaii.com . I'll post the mosaic when it's completed.

Mahalo!
Albert
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [albertboyce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TecniVorm-Mocca Master. I'll E-Mail a pic later.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [sevenride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool. Mahalo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timely post for me - just changed my coffee brewing methods. These are my former tools of choice:

But now I'm using this setup, which I got from my wife for Christmas:

I knew before that pressing the coffee made it taste very different from drip brewing, but I was pretty surprised at how big of an improvement there is with a burr grinder versus a blade grinder.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [xraycharlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2x on the bodum french coffee press. At least the french had something right. BAAHAHA :)

Quote | Reply

Atomic Stovetop Espresso
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [tiredlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that thing is fucking awesome! where did you get it?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, a good burr grinder is essential for a uniform grind. I presently have a Solis conical burr grinder. During the week I use my TecniVorm MoccaMaster drip maker, for convenience, however, on the weekend after my runs and rides I use the Bodum Press Pot. Press Pot coffee is amazing. I've been using Coffee Fool beans lately but am willing to give coffees of Hawaii a try.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Albert,

Slowman sent me some of your coffee for Christmas. Love it, good stuff. Congrats.

I am from Cuba. Below is my coffee maker. Every Cuban has at least one of these. Recipes of different Cuban coffees are below.

Cafecito
This is the standard Cuban coffee drink - just black coffee with sugar without any milk added. The translation is simply "little coffee".

Cortadito
A cortadito (translated as "little cut") is a cafecito blended about half and half with milk.

Cafe con leche
This coffee/milk drink is often served as a cafecito next to a cup of steamed milk. You can then mix it to your taste. It also traditionally contains a pinch of salt and a pinch of butter which gives it a unique flavor. The closest thing to this that most people know is a latte. I started drinking cafe con leche as soon as I learned to walk.

Colada
A Colada is simply several shots of cafecito served in one big cup surrounded by demitasse glasses. It's an elegant way to share coffee with a crowd.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow! beautiful product design!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aloha Emilio,

Cool. Mahalo for sharing those Cuban recipes/names. Love it!

When are you racing Alcatraz again? Had fun running next to you on the flat section before the steps a few years ago.

Love my Desoto shorts and armcoolers!

Albert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will most likely return this year! Love that race. I have done it 13 times I believe. And you?

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool. 45-49 is where it's at! can't remember...think I've done it 5 or 6. we'll have our coffee booth there again. stop by for a cup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't figure out if that thing makes coffee or is some sort of "marital aid".

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will do. email me if you need any product, we can perhaps do a barter!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The Jura Capresso Z5 ... the most luxurious luxury I have. Honestly, between that and my '09 P3 I have been awfully spoiled in the past year!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [TomNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spoiled by ***two*** nice machines!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a machine but more like my drug paraphernalia. I once read a heroin addict's account of the rush of just preparing his fix. Same thing here. I get to work. Turn on computer and then go to the kitchen and fill up the Ironman mug with a few ounces of water and microwave it for 77 seconds - which is exactly enough time to get the coffee maker out of the cabinet, pour beans into the grinder, grind them, fill the part on the right with grounds, put the coffee maker together, and fill a separate mug almost full of water. Ding. Remove Ironman mug and in one smooth motion, pour the contents into the coffee maker and put coffee maker on top of the now empty (and very hot) Ironman mug. Microwave other mug 222 seconds, which is just enough time to go the the washroom and get rid of the coffee I drank at home when I first woke up. Ding. The first few ounces of coffee is now made and the grounds are primed and releasing their flavor. Pour contents of full mug into coffee maker on top of the Ironman mug, adjusting the top part of the coffee maker up and down to get just the right speed of flow to keep water in contact with the beans a few minutes. A few minutes later, the real rush begins. I'm getting one just writing this. Thanks a lot Albert. Oh yes. The Ironman mug was a treat to myself when I won the Kona lottery in 2008. It kept me psyched all that summer and keeps me smiling now.[/img]
Last edited by: shumanmo: Jan 11, 10 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [shumanmo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
making do, with the office MWO. I like it!

Mahalo!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
that thing is fucking awesome! where did you get it?

The original Atomic is no longer being manufactured. I got mine back in the early 80's. Reproductions (and parts thank goodness) are available here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Atomic Stovetop Espresso

Dude, that thing is BAD ASS!!!!! What's the end product like?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Home:

Cuisinart Grind and Brew. Nothing like the machine grinding your beans right before brewing. Sounds like a helicopter taking off but OH SO FRESH!

For Work:

Sits on the mini fridge right behind my desk. Part of my gift from the company for 10 years service.

Last edited by: BMAN: Jan 11, 10 14:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
La Pavoni, kickin it old school.

http://www.pavonishop.com/lapaveuresma1.html

Gaggia MDF burr grinder with doser.

We have been importing some bean via the BF's trips to London (he's a pilot) World champion barrista's win with this stuff roasted by Square Mile fom London (yes there really is a barista WC, believe it or not.) Decent stuff, but I'm not in love with it totally yet. Esp. for the Euro-pricing.

Maybe the BF will start flying AP routes and getting to stop in Hawaii and we'll pick up some beans there :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My set-up at work below

(the backstory: one of my staff, my plumber, was doing a side job for a guy who gave him this machine in a non-functioning state. There are about 4 of us hard core espresso people on my shop floor, so we sold some scrap metal/wire for $ to fix the machine, the plumber plumbed it up and we returned some empties [ok a lot of empties] to buy the grinder with hopper. We all take turns buying beans. This machine saves me so much lost labour now - no more staff breaks that turn into 30min expeditions to get good coffee.)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Show me a photo of your coffee machine! [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

I'd like to supply the beans for your grinder there on the right!
Quote Reply

Prev Next