Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport?
Quote | Reply
It seems that on this site, most people want to draw and quarter drafters. For those pros who get caught drafting, should they get a 1 year ban? Should sponsors drop them? Where is the outrage against the pros on this site who get caught drafting?

This is strictly in reference to non-drafting races, not ITU style ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [therascal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFS.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [therascal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Should football players get a 1 year ban in the sport for grasping the contrary's helmet face bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a year is a little harsh. A few months maybe.

And it's gotta be captured on the ref's camera.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

When I'm bored and at a loose end, I chuck a DVD on.

FFS x 2

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a couple of minutes (5-10 minutes) in the penalty box is enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Generally speaking...the pros are not the ones you should be penalizing more harshly. The drafting in the age groups is rampant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It seems that on this site, most people want to draw and quarter drafters. For those pros who get caught drafting, should they get a 1 year ban? Should sponsors drop them? Where is the outrage against the pros on this site who get caught drafting?

This is strictly in reference to non-drafting races, not ITU style ones.

yeah and if they do it twice in the same race we should probably just shoot them....

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
yeah and if they do it twice in the same race we should probably just shoot them....

Now that's just stupid. The one year ban would take effect IMMEDIATELY, obviously! The officials would clearly need the authority to cross-body block them off their bike as soon as the drafting occurred. We can't give those cheating bastards a chance to sully our sport twice in one race. Duh.

Oh yeah. Pink font or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
should you get a year ban if you draft as an age grouper? obviously not, why should they
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The correct penalty for blatant drafting 'should' be to send the person back to start the bike leg over. That would be a real penalty and something to be avoided. 5-10 minutes of rest for drafting doesn't seem like a penalty at all, it's kind of like a bonus.

http://www.kickballracing.com
I have many hobbies...make that too many.
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [Litespeedx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if it's computer aided drafting.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just do it the same way pro cycling does when riders use the cars "too much" to get back in the group after a mechanical. In other words, a few minutes penalty is sufficient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How would we test the B sample?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally my view is that the penalty should be a stick in the drafter's spokes when they are caught. That'll teach em.
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [Litespeedx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First penalty 1 mile penalty RUN loop. Second Penalty 2 mile RUN loop. Add a mile for each subsequent penalty...no need to DQ anyone. Just make em run laps of a 400m track outside of T2 and when they are done, they can actually start the real run course. This would take care of drafting instantly in the age group ranks and probably the pro ranks.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Ironman qualifiers:

First penalty:400m run loop

Second penalty:Another 400m run loop

Third Penalty:No longer in consideration for Hawaii spots for that year.(at all events)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to get roasted but you are all thinking it. Why not just make drafting legal then everybody is doing it. Are the cyclist that worried about the swimmers and runners?

Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea what B said.

It's ok on the swim and the run but on the bike your a jo if you do it? What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jime
On taper now for devilman. Will be in longbranch tommorow.

Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
First penalty 1 mile penalty RUN loop. Second Penalty 2 mile RUN loop. Add a mile for each subsequent penalty...no need to DQ anyone. Just make em run laps of a 400m track outside of T2 and when they are done, they can actually start the real run course. This would take care of drafting instantly in the age group ranks and probably the pro ranks.

Dev
I have said it before and I'll say it again...best idea yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Should pros who draft get a 1 year ban in the sport? [jhaggard29] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats... because of you I can actually say that I have laughed out loud to myself because of something I read on ST. Thanks!!!
+1

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about for each penalty they must remove one article of clothing.....after a few infractions...they'll have a choice of bare-footing it or bare-ballin' in!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most pros have plenty of refs around them, it is mostly the age groupers you have to worry about. But even there 6 months is too much. Public shaming is the best way to recovery from that disease.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Dev
I love it. No rest just extended racing.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next