Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shipping Wheels?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any recommendations for shipping a pair of wheels. The last time I shipped a Powertap wheel (US to Canada) it cost me almost $150 (with insurance), I was wondering if there were any cheaper options? I want to ship a pair of 1080's (about 400 miles within the same state), does anyone have any shipping secrets they'd be willing to share with me? I'm in NY if that matters. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Wheels? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use USPS. Even with insurance, it's much cheaper. I shipped a frame to Canada from GA and it was only $30. $150 is ridiculous, with all the wheelsets I've bought and sold over the years, I think $40 is the most I've paid for shipping.

If you're using a UPS retail shop, that explains a lot. Also, you're doing it wrong. ;-)

Getting back into the game...
Slower than you.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Wheels? [bcart1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Good to know!
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Wheels? [bcart1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe I paid $50 FedEx one time, but I also insured the box for like $2k

150 is called getting tricked by a bizzzzzzness.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Wheels? [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would go with FedEx as well. Just shipped two wheels through different carriers last month- USPS was about $45 (1k insurance) and FedEx was 35 (same insurance). Both boxes went the same distance. Also, try bikeflights.com (no personal affiliation but have had the cheapest rates for me), which allows you to check on the cost.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Wheels? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shipped a set of wheels last week via UPS for $28. Only went about 250 miles from VA Beach up to DC though and no additional insurance.

trithink wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for shipping a pair of wheels. The last time I shipped a Powertap wheel (US to Canada) it cost me almost $150 (with insurance), I was wondering if there were any cheaper options? I want to ship a pair of 1080's (about 400 miles within the same state), does anyone have any shipping secrets they'd be willing to share with me? I'm in NY if that matters. Thanks.
Quote Reply