Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shipping Bike Case Decision
Quote | Reply
Go cheap or buy the overpriced case for the Cervelo P2K ??

-Trico 2005 Bike Iron case...$200 and claims only seat post,pedals,wheels,handlebars removed. Bullet proof the ad says, as if someone in a airport was going to shoot it.

-Triall3sports Velo Safe Case......$450 and now saying it may or may not meet UPS OS2 (check your local UPS office..right). Claims Front wheel and handlebars only removed, but can't get response from Triall3 on if extra wheel set could fit in this non-bullet proof $450 case. A extra wheel set might make the difference, dont think it will fit or they would be claiming in their ads.

So anyone stuff a P2K in either of these with a positive experience? Thanks in advance for your help.

-------------------------------------------------
Latest Duct tape QR Superfull fashion model
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Bike Case Decision [yeahitsgotahemi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have the triall3 case adn it sucks ... i only used mine twice and it is already falling apart .... last time i flew with it it came off the belt with a nice break on the outside that looks like someone punched through it .... my boyfriend has the trico case and it seems much better but it is a little harder to get your bike into
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trico. Simple to use, durable and won't get trashed as easily. I probably sold more of them then any case going back to my old tri shop days and these were the cases that I rented. Wheels, pedals, post, bars all need to come off and then you need to "learn" how to pack YOUR bike so it sits in there nicely. I always wrapped the frame with bubble wrap to be extra safe and put the plasic wheel caps on the wheels.

Tri All 3 are nice too but oversized, cost more and they always tended to break by UPS or the airlines. Not sure why but never had luck with them.

Only my opinions.

Steve H

http://www.buytrigear.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trico. I borrowed one of these, took it on the plane with me to HI, and had it shipped back...no complaints at all. It was very easy to use, and the airline inspectors didn't have a problem getting everything put back correctly. Saw quite a few TriAll3Sports cases, and they seemed MUCH larger. I couldn't imagine trying to lug one of those around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Typical slowtwitch answer, you asked for an opinion between a and b, and I'm going to say c !

I use the scicon Aero-tech case for my p2K. It takes about 20 minutes to put the bike in (wheels, pedals removed, aerobars loosen and turned down, lots of bubble wrap) and about 15 minutes to remove.

I've done a dozen international trips with it and no problem.

Dimensions of the case are 48"(L)x 41"(H)x15"(D)
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Bike Case Decision [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've hot a Scicon too and it's great. The shell is bulleproof and the bike fits snugly. Only slight problem; it's a bit heavy.

Made in Scotland frae Girders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best according to my inside source who works in the baggage handling business at the Toronto airport and is a frequently travelling triathlete is the Trico case. It says bulletproof and it is. I rented one for my trip to Hawaii last October and it works great. I packed my bike, wheels and all my necessary gear in it. It is easy to pack and holds everything you'll need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll add another recommendation for the Trico Iron Case. I've lugged mine across the country a few times with no problems at all. Easy to pack, not to bad to maneuver and meets the USPS regs.

Quote | Reply
FWIW I just got this one. Cannot attest to its sturdiness, but I do trust Debbie at TriSports. She hasn't led me astray yet.

Velo Safe II Bike Case. This will hold two bikes:

http://www.trisports.com/triall3sporv1.html
Quote Reply