Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiny Toy Syndrome - Zipp 808 vs other deep front wheels
Quote | Reply
If I have the recent Zipp 808 Firecrest Tubeless (hooked) disc brake front wheel, is there any meaningful difference going to something like a HED Vanquish RC8 pro or the Premier Tactical 90mm wheel?
Quote Reply
Re: Shiny Toy Syndrome - Zipp 808 vs other deep front wheels [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMHO, nope!!
Quote Reply
Re: Shiny Toy Syndrome - Zipp 808 vs other deep front wheels [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will probably pick up :02-:04 per 40k by switching to those other wheels from the Zipp

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3 different front wheels. All is clincher with rim brake. 1. Zipp 858 NSW 2. Yoeleo 60mm 3. Chinese made 3 spoke wheel that looks just like Revolver’s. Guess what? 858 NSW is the slowest among them with exact same tire and same pressure in 10 mile loop. I use 858 NSW for training only and race with Yoeleo wheel which is the fastest for me. This is from 5+ years of riding in the same course for training so I know it’s right. Anyway, I feel sorry for Jan Frodeno because he uses 858 NSW and he can definitely be faster on the bike with other wheel choice. Name brand doesn’t mean faster at all.
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Zipp 404-808 Firecrest are faster than my new 404 hookless (but I love 404 hookless for other thing)

Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the time difference over an Ironman distance between the slowest and fastest?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instead of asking if you can buy a new front wheel for $1000, as what you could spend that $1000 for a better return on investment. A set of new superski aero bars is surely worth more than swapping from one deep section wheel to another. Look for the low hanging fruit.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiny Toy Syndrome - Zipp 808 vs other deep front wheels [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone actually know if the 808 is faster than the 858?
Quote Reply
Re: Shiny Toy Syndrome - Zipp 808 vs other deep front wheels [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tested that once. The nsw wheel was slightly faster. This was many years ago when it first came out. things may have changed

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply