Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shin muscle cramping?
Quote | Reply
I've recently started doing faster runs (repeats of 1000m), and I've noticed that usually around half-way my shin muscle starts to tighten up. I think it's are called theled the tibial anterior muscle.

Anyone know what might be causing it? Ususually goes away after I stop running.

This also happens during the run in triathlons.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Shin muscle cramping? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compartment Syndrome.... Possibly....

Either way I have the same issue and aggravated it doing the same thing you did. I increased my speed work to quickly. Make sure you rest.... and take it slow to increase your speed and mileage. If it continues to hyrt stop running and rest until its better. You know the drill.....

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/.../anteriorcompart.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt it again today when I ran in the afternoon (after cycling in the morning).

Thhose muscles just hurt like hell that I had to stop running. One of the guys I ride with said I point/flex my toes too much during the pedal stroke, which might be the cause of this problem.

Anyone have any more suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get them to, and it's usually after a hard or long ride or after a period of emphasized biking so my guess is it's more of a cyclingissue than a running one. However stretching them, which can be tricky, and persistance with my running training makes them go away, but thats me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to get that when I was a heel striker. Since I moved to a more mid to forefoot footfall, the cramp has gone away. Maybe analyze your stride.

fka: bassman

After the swim, I'm a fish outta water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful that it's not a pre-curser to Shin Splints.
If it's only bothering you during running, I can't imagine it's related to your biking.
Quote Reply