Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano Tri Shoe Fit?
Quote | Reply
Is anyone out there using the new Shimano TR-1 tri shoe? How do you like them so far? No local dealers carrying them, so I can't try them on. Are they wide in the toe box like Carnac's, or narrow like Sidi's? Are they sized small or large? Thanks.

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Tri Shoe Fit? [Mark C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried on a pair and they seemed to run a full size smaller than the Sidis I normally ride. In the Sidis I wear a 46 and the Shimanos I fit into a 47.

Seemed fairly narrow through the heel but plenty roomy in the forefoot area. In the end I bought a pair of Sidi T-1s as I have been very happy with my Sidi road shoes and saw no reason to mess with a brand that works for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW check out the article I just put up on shoes at www.bikesportmichigan.com It includes the Tr-o1

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Marc,

I raised this same question last week. I had already ordered mine and wanted to find out what people that had worn them thought. Everybody that responded liked them (well almost everyone). I got mine last week and have worn them on 4 rides. I think they are awesome!!!. The toe-box is roomy, more so than the Sidi. They are well ventilated and best of all it seems like they are one piece inside which makes them so, so comfortable barefoot.

I am a size 13 street shoe and took a 47 in these (they fit perfectly). On the shoe itself this equates to a 12.5 US size. The guy at Nytro told me they run about the same size as Sidi's.

I think you will like them if you decide to go that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Tri Shoe Fit? [T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ditto

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Tri Shoe Fit? [T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you like them. It looks like my fit issues and concerns are really a personal thing.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Tri Shoe Fit? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks,

You were the (almost everyone) I referenced in my response:) I do see what you mean about them not giving you that same snug sense a strap on the toe does, however the sole is so stiff and the shoe is so comfortable that it was a non-issue for me.

I give them the thumbs up for sure!!
Quote Reply