Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine
Quote | Reply
In the grocery store line today and headline on Shape magazine reads "How Sheryl Crow got this amazing body at 43." She is the cover model I should mention and she does look amazing (airbrush right?)...so I'm 3rd in line so I read...

It says she runs for an hour - not jogging but a kick butt kinda run... and other days rides from 10am-12:30 with Lance and covers 45-50 miles...nice riding!! or should I say drafting??

Just found the little article interesting in a wierd kinda way.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least Shape is using somebody who genuinely does have some degree of fitness. Often these magazines use professional models as their cover girls, many of who are anorexic/smokers etc. Using pro models rather than genuine athletes is a trend that even Triathlete Mag went to in their last swim suit edition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply
I would say that drafting off of Lance for any amount of time is still a lot of work!!

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you honestly think he rides with her? Especially for 2.5 hours???

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's what I was thinking....
2:30h and 40-50ish miles is a good pace ride for us gals, but Lance...please......
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [vivie1072] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tandem maybe?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Lance hooked her up.
There's no drug testing in the music business. :-P
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [synchronicity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the music business, you get a penalty if you're NOT on drugs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
she looks very fit, but her bodyfat seems so low..almost like peak for a fitness competitor. unless she is dieting strict all the time i don't know how she can stay that way...she looks to be at or slightly below 10% bodyfat. it's so tough to achieve that! more power to her.
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you listen to the words in some of her earlier songs it seems liked she's toked up a bit. Hard to say about the harder stuff. She definatley looks good for 43. She'd better, since Lance is ten years her junior.
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but deep down, Sheryl knows that the day Lance meets me is the day she is dropped like a hot potato... ;-)

mmmmmm..... sweaty maillot jaune....mmmm.....

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Lance is on a recovery spin, small ring...20 mph average...maybe. Anyway, She looks great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how true
how true ;-)

Dirt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like a good beer buzz early in the morning.....

Last edited by: last tri in 83: Dec 19, 05 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [TonydeBrit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
World class cyclists don't ride fast all the time, years ago when I watched the Coors classic I was surprised at how slowly the pros rode on their recovery rides. I'd bet you that when Lance rides a true recovery ride he averages less than 20 mph. Recovery ride means very easy, the pros back then called it 'walking the bike'. The difference between us and them is that when they turn on the gas they are a lot, lot faster.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" World class cyclists don't ride fast all the time, years ago when I watched the Coors classic I was surprised at how slowly the pros rode on their recovery rides. I'd bet you that when Lance rides a true recovery ride he averages less than 20 mph."

Agreed. I'll bet Sheryl can hang with Lance. Besides, he's not going for Tour titles anymore. I'm sure he gets out for hard rides, but it wouldn't be very nice for him to make his wife suffer to hang on to his wheel every ride.

And yes, she looks great for 43. Heck, I'm 21 and I'd say she's a certified hottie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw her up close -- arm's length -- about 12 years ago in a small club when Tuesday Night Music Club came out.

She looked every bit as good then as on that cover. Muscles in her arms; flat stomach; etc... She's always been fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
At least Shape is using somebody who genuinely does have some degree of fitness. Often these magazines use professional models as their cover girls, many of who are anorexic/smokers etc. Using pro models rather than genuine athletes is a trend that even Triathlete Mag went to in their last swim suit edition.

Yep, Triathlete Mag were doing their annual swimsuit shoot at the Phuket Triathlon this year and were actually using 'real' triathletes as their subjects. In fact 2 of the girls came 2nd and 3rd in their age group in respectable times. At least the crowd paid attention (well guys anyway) when they were called to the stage to receive their awards. A good effort, well done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Yeah but deep down, Sheryl knows that the day Lance meets me is the day she is dropped like a hot potato... ;-) [/reply]

She also knows she can call me for the rebound relationship. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
she looks very fit, but her bodyfat seems so low..almost like peak for a fitness competitor. unless she is dieting strict all the time i don't know how she can stay that way...she looks to be at or slightly below 10% bodyfat. it's so tough to achieve that! more power to her.
That might be a tad low of a guess, Kittycat, but she always appears really fit. I would also bet that she skinnied up a little more than usual, knowing she'd do this cover shot.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Sheryl Crow cover of Shape Magazine [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, pretty fit