Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shark Valley Tram Road (Everglades National Park)
Quote | Reply
Has anybody ever trained on this road? Is it good for road cycling?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Shark Valley Tram Road (Everglades National Park) [crosen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have not ridden it but its great for bird photography.The times i have been it seems deserted,they have tram cars going down but not many,and few people walk down to far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never tried that road. But, I have ridden on the road that goes to Flamingo. It's about 70 mi r/t. Road is a bit rough, but it is a nice ride. Watch out for gators.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too have never done Shark Valley but I have also done the road to Flamingo.

Once you climb up over the pass towards Flamingo (it rises to 3' above sea level) it is pretty flat. The road is a bit rough and you can get some good winds. But in 70 miles I passed 8 cars and saw some very cool wildlife.

I would bet Shark Velly has a similar quality, but shorter road.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Shark Valley Tram Road (Everglades National Park) [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have ridden it several times, but on my mountain bike, it is a 15 mile loop, no car traffic, just the tram that goes around with tourist, it is a smooth narrow road (like for one car), the reason I go on my mountain bike is that I take my camerra in a small backpack and take it easy and go for a site-seeing ride...and to view wildlife. I would highly recommend it for a an easy spin, becareful with the afternoon tunderstorms in the summer,

Half way there is an observation tower (really cool views of the everlgades), and bathrooms.....
Quote Reply
Re: Shark Valley Tram Road (Everglades National Park) [Saltamontes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you get a good workout on a road bike doing the road for 3 or 4 loops? Do you have to go slow because the road is narrow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure you can get a good work out if you want to do multiple loops, however the road is narrow, so when the tram comes buy you have to stop and stand on the edge of the road to let it pass, everytime, I ridden it I have only had to pull over maybe twice, I do not know how many trams they run durning peak times, you might want to ask them before you head out,,,,
Quote Reply