Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Set-up Inc Races Open
Quote | Reply
In case any one else has no life and is spending New Years at home in front of the computer. The registration is open for the Set-Up Inc races here on the east coast.

www.set-upinc.com

My wife has been sitting here registering for since 1 hour ago.

Tim Anderson
"It's the nature of the internets that you get some dweeb who knows nothing about (insert topic here) pontificates about (topic), believing that his/her opinion is worth the same as opinions from those who actually knows what's going on." --Echappist
Quote Reply
Re: Set-up Inc Races Open [Trippertim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Signed up for MAP, White Lake Sprint, Latta, and Lake Norman before 10:45. So far over 50 people have signed up for Lake Norman.

Quote | Reply
I'm in for MAP, Azalea, Latta and a White Lake lodge room. I guess I should also sign up for the White Lake Half, but I wanted to wait a day or two on it. I don't like having to sign up early for races, but some of them just fill up quickly.

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Set-up Inc Races Open [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The past three years we have stayed at Melrose Court and usually make the reservation early in January. So it is around 11:00 pm and I just registered for my races and my husband goes " Why don't you call Melrose Court and leave them a message about the room we want". I know the first time this place opens for the season is White Lake weekend and the family that run the hotel lives across the street, so I call and to leave a message to request and reserve room #16. I discover the calls are forward to their house and the couple is in bed reading, but I wished them a Happy New Year and we got our room.

For those who don't know about White Lake, it is an interesting town in Eastern NC. It is a beautiful and flat race site with a spring feed lake. You can see the bottom at the deepest part of the lake which is only like 9 feet. This is a perfect open water swim for the first timer. They do a 1/2 on Saturday and a sprint on Sunday which is Mother's Day. Water is usually border line wetsuit legel. From at least 2001 - 2004, it was very warm like 90 plus in the shade. Last year it was in the low 40's for the start of the 1/2 and very wetsuit legel. Since most of the White Lake "motels" are summer places, there was no heat for a lot of people. Most of the motel or lodge rooms at White Lake have that 70's look. Our room which included two bedrooms was heated with the oven. Lots of people camp out for this race and sleep in lodge rooms or cabins at the race site.

So if you are looking for an early season 1/2, White Lake is the way to go or opt for the sprint on Sunday. A dozen people or so will do both races. Set-UpInc runs class A races.

Quote | Reply
Did Duke 1/2 in 2005 and Pinehurst in 2004. Set-up does a great job! Wish I could be there!

Mark
Quote Reply