Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Selecting nordic skis, according to Inside Triathlon
Quote | Reply
According to Inside Triathlon (p. 19), "...a skating ski needs to be heavier than its skier, typically around 115 percent of the skier's weight."

So, for me, those skis would be about 207 pounds. Sheesh. I guess I now understand why skate skiing is reported to be such a good workout. ;)

Michael Bey
Quote Reply
Re: Selecting nordic skis, according to Inside Triathlon [Michael Bey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And, unfortunately, there are very few on this list who will understand the how the humor in that statement is derived. Unfortunately, looks as if I'll be pumping up my V2 skis this weekend:(

Steve

http://www.PeaksCoachingGroup.com
Quote Reply
Re: Selecting nordic skis, according to Inside Triathlon [S McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My skate skis are in dry dock tonight because it just dumped 24" of fresh snow in the past 12 hours (in Truckee, CA) and the groomers just can't keep up. We did get a day in on Tuesday, old snow but suprisingly good. The low sun elevation this time of year really helps keep the white stuff around longer than you would think. The snow showers did give me a chance to break in my new striders on Wednesday. Anyone planning on a trip to Tahoe in the next few days take a huge dose of levity with you. There are so many yahoo weekend warriors with no business driving up in the mountains out there this week we saw three spin outs between our cabin near TDXC and the bottom of Northwoods! Which cause it to take one hour to get to the bottom of the hill (2.2 miles). Then we were the last car allowed onto HWY 80 bound for my in-laws place for the new year. Whoopee, should be quite a party (NOT). The things you do for your wife sometimes amazes me. The traffic sucks but the snow is dumping and should be off and on for the next week. Looks like the weekend of the 10th is DEFINITELY a weekend to call in sick Friday and head for the slopes.

Happy new year all.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Selecting nordic skis, according to Inside Triathlon [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for making me feel better about my decision not to go to Tahoe this week!
Quote Reply
Re: Selecting nordic skis, according to Inside Triathlon [Michael Bey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, they got several things wrong. They also quoted the Subaru team head honcho as saying that skating x-c is easier to learn than classic, which is very odd. Not sure if they misquoted him..

there was a good dump of snow Thurs in the Colorado mountains, off to Breckenridge tomorrow for some ungroomed forest trail skiing, whee.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Last edited by: doug in co: Dec 31, 04 9:36
Quote Reply