Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seeking Road Bike upgrade suggestions
Quote | Reply
Jumping on Karma's retrofit thread, I'm also looking to make my bike a bit more tri friendly.

I have a completely stock Canondale R1000, 2004 model. I haven't been professionally fitted yet, but the guy I talked to told me to bring along some clip ons if I wanted to get fitted with them in mind.

I'm doing Wildflower short (hoping to go under 2:30) and have never ridden with aerobars...haven't ridden much without them either.

Should I ride the bike as is, or get the bars? anything else I should spend my hard earned duckets on?

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Seeking Road Bike upgrade suggestions [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aero bars will give you more speed by putting you in a more compact aero position. If you're going to ride in the road position on your road bike there are a number of shorter length aero bars available from Profile, Vision Tech, Oval, Syntace, etc. Don't get the longer length tri bars or you'll be too stretched out. Be sure to practice on aero bars before racing on them.

For extra speed for very little money also consider getting a CH Aero disc cover for $60. from excelsports and a used front aero wheel on ebay.

Between the wheels and the aero bars you'll probably gain 2-3 minutes over 40 kms.
Quote Reply