Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seatpost water cages for P2K
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a rear seat post water cage for the P2k? Everyone raves about Profile Design's but when I looked at the picture at nashbar it appeared to only work w/ round seatposts; not aero shaped ones.

Am I looking at this wrong or is there another water bottle cage that works specifically or really great w/ P2k?

Thanx!
Quote Reply
Re: Seatpost water cages for P2K [TriRABI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a P3 and use the X-Lab Flatwing. Seems to work great and with the Cuissi Stainless cages haven't ejected any bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the minoura with the ultracheap cages on my P2k and I believe that it is impossible to launch bottles with this setup. Also, this setup is specifically listed by Cobb as being one of the better aero setups.
Quote Reply
Re: Seatpost water cages for P2K [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are great ideas. Thanx!

I am just curious . . . Are the attached to the seat post or the actual saddle?

It would totally suck to have the seat locked in a perfect setting only to have to remove to secure cages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both of those options attach to the rails of the seat, NOT the seat post. That's why they are great for use on P2K's and P3's! Personally, I use the Saddlewing, but only because I think it looks much cooler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no need to remove the saddle to attach the minoura. (I've got an Azoto tri-gel).

The other great thing about the minoura, I ordered it off the web for $12.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also use the flatwing for my P2K. It works fine, but the attachment process wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done to say the least. I have a Azoto saddle and had trouble tightening down the clamps around the saddle rails. I couldn't get an allen wrench onto the most forward of the bolts and had to use a pair on long nosed pliers to slowly tighten down the bolt. I have decided to leave well enough alone and haven't touched this setup since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, where did you order the minoura?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might want to think about using the Never Reach system at neverreach.com. It attaches to the saddle rails. It is hard to attach to my Azoto tri gel, but it does work eventually.

I don't think I will use it in Lake Placid since it weighs over a pound so it won't be fun on the hills. It work great at St. Anthony's though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all3sports.com, tri-zone.com etc...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P2K with the X-Lab setup attached to the rails of my saddle and Profile cages. The only catch is that I've never been able to actually keep the whole thing level (see Dan E's articles about having your bottle perpendicular to the road to avoid launching); I've stripped numerous allen bolts trying to get it level, and no matter how tight it appears, inevitably I hit a bump or something and it drops down to a slight angle below level. That's basically where it settled in, and as long as I replace the little rubberbands in the Profile cages from time to time it's never been a problem as far as bottle launching.

I've also got the nifty little x-nut attached to the rig which holds the C02 shooter and a couple of threaded cartridges. I've had the bike for about 14 months and have had no complaints with this setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom-

when using the minoura water cage setup where do you store inner tubes, co2, etc?

thanks

Carlos
Quote Reply