Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seat tube/wheel arch rub from flo disc on P3
Quote | Reply
Switched the tire on my flo disc from 23mm conti TTs to 23mm GP4000S prior to a race. Subsequently found that the tire had been rubbing the seat tube, especially at the lowermost part. There has been rub through the clear coat with a shallow vertically-oriented groove exposing the carbon, but doesn't look like significant damage to the carbon.

Will change back to the TT tire and check the drop out screw adjustment as well. What is the best thing to do with the frame now? Seen some people suggest nail polish, and others gorilla tape....
Last edited by: Drdan: Aug 17, 19 8:04
Quote Reply
Re: Seat tube/wheel arch rub from flo disc on P3 [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nail polish.

Or you could do nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drdan wrote:
Switched the tire on my flo disc from 23mm conti TTs to 23mm GP4000S prior to a race. Subsequently found that the tire had been rubbing the seat tube, especially at the lowermost part. There has been rub through the clear coat with a shallow vertically-oriented groove exposing the carbon, but doesn't look like significant damage to the carbon.

Will change back to the TT tire and check the drop out screw adjustment as well. What is the best thing to do with the frame now? Seen some people suggest nail polish, and others gorilla tape....

Did you try unscrewing the two screws so it doesn’t run?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same issue with the same exact bike and wheel setup except I was on the Conti 25s but it was okay with the cont 23s as long as my set screws were backed out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drdan wrote:

Sounds like you need to back out your horizontal set screws as others have noted. If you don't know how to do that, let me know and I can help you out.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply