Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Season Review: Hed Aero Bar
Quote | Reply
It was dark and cold by 4:45pm in Wisconsin today. That 94 degrees for IMWI doesn't seem so bad anymore...

I'm looking for reviews on the Hed Aero Bar from people who have used them for the season...how has it held up? How is it for hilly courses (specifically descents with the straight brake levers) and cornering? What about mid-season adjustments - was it easy to adjust and re-fit if needed?

Anyone crash with one...did it hold up??

I don't have to shovel snow just yet - but warm weather riding already seems a long way off!

Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: Season Review: Hed Aero Bar [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enjoyed mine for the second half of the year. Very easy to set up. No complaints . Did replace the thin neoprene elbow pads with old-style profile round pads, to add some thickness and comfort. May even look for a thicker alternative next year, as Im doing another IM. Didn't do anything over OLY dist on them this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Season Review: Hed Aero Bar [schumacher 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really enjoy mine, one of the best upgrades you can make. The owner of my local tri shop who has done many ironmans including Kona several times believes they are the best integraded bars "bar none" no pun intended. I put that old Profile design nepoprene wrap by the handles for more grip. If you dont have them get them, take a little practice to get use to, after this would not go back..

And did I say they look very cool also...

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Season Review: Hed Aero Bar [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the review - hoping that others reading this will have additional input. Does anyone have images of set-ups they use or images of failures of the product?

Thanks.
Quote Reply