Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join!
Quote | Reply
http://www.ifoce.com/

This just kills me
Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [rgr195] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a sport where you don't have to worry about drafting. I don't want to be 10 miles behind one of these "athletes"
Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't tell me you've never been to "Wing Bowl!!!"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [rgr195] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On Thanksgiving I couldn't turn away while a man ate something like 6 lbs. of butter or 128 oz. of mayonnaise during the Glutton Bowl. It was disgusting, but I find it amazing that the winner is a 130 lb man who could pass for some sort of athlete (and no, I will never consider competitive eating a sport).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot, isn't that why we do all this? An IM is worth about 12000 calories to a guy my size. My NYEve workout is about that as well. Then I spend all NYDay trying to replace those calories by eathing anything and everything that appeals to me...

Yehaaaw, now THAT's livin'...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Epic Training Reports coming out of that forum....

"The IFOCE is against at-home training of any kind. The IFOCE strongly discourages younger individuals from eating for speed or quantity under any circumstances. The IFOCE urges all interested parties to become involved in sanctioned events -- do not try speed eating home."

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars, the rest I just squandered" -George Best
Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [blevyibr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can see the training log now:

I did my first pizza/hamburger brick this afternoon. Only had to belch twice and I kept my flatulence to a minimum. I tried to stay at about 20 chews a minute but late into the hamburger I found my chew rate at about 17 and my PE at 9. I need to hit the gym for some jaw muscle strengthening. I think I am going to go for a 'cool down' ice cream this evening to relax the stomach muscles. Hopefully I am not too sore/constipated tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------
"One thing I have found there are just two ways to go
It all comes down to livin' fast or dyin' slow"- Robert Earlk Keen Jr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a few of my favorites from the "records" page. These just don't seem possible. I wonder if these people are married?

Asparagus
5.75 pounds Tempura Deep Fried Aspargus Spears
10 minutes
Sonya Thomas

Baked Beans
Six Pounds Baked Beans
One Minute, 48 Seconds
Donald Lerman

Butter
7 quarter-pound sticks, salted butter
5 minutes
Donald Lerman

Cheesecake
11 pounds Downtown Atlantic cheesecake
9 minutes
Sonya Thomas

Chili
1 1/2 gallon Stagg Chili
10 minutes
Richard LeFevre

Cow Brains
57 (17.7 pounds)
15 minutes
Takeru Kobayashi

Doughnuts
49 glazed
8 minutes
Eric Booker

Eggs
65 Hard Boiled Eggs
6 minutes, 40 seconds
Sonya Thomas

Hot Dogs
53 1/2 Nathan's Hot Dogs and Buns
12 minutes
Takeru Kobayashi

Rice Balls
20 pounds rice balls
30 minutes
Takeru Kobayashi

Quote | Reply
"I did my first pizza/hamburger brick this afternoon. Only had to belch twice"

Carbonated beverages are the key, and lots of belching. It also helps to be able to swallow really large chunks...

Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [blevyibr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"do not try speed eating home."

Screw that, I'm a lifelong athlete. I can speed-chow a 20" pizza without paying an entry fee!!

Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [direwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Six Pounds Baked Beans
- - I envision the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles...

7 quarter-pound sticks, salted butter
- - Man, don't get too far from a toilet for the next 48 hours!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Screw renewing USAT membership! This is the organization I want to Join! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think one of these guys is sponsored by Charmin.

Quote | Reply
The Discovery Channel did a show about these guys a while ago. The final part of the show covered the Nathan's Hot Dog contest. Watching Takeru Kobayashi stuff 53 hot dogs into his 132 pound body in 12 minutes left me in awe. See http://www.ifoce.com/...ion=detail&sn=22 for his profile.

(Even as I type this, I can't fathom the numbers... 53 hot dogs... 132 pound body... 12 minutes. Oh my GOD!)

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.ifoce.com/...ion=detail&sn=20

Expensive date:

"Maine Lobster: 38 Maine Lobsters (9.76 Pounds of meat) from the shell / 12 minutes"

"Sonya is single and lives in Alexandria, VA."
Quote Reply