Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma Premium
Quote | Reply
So I recently won a Scott Plasma Premium at the Slowtwitch gathering in Kona and I am curious if any ST'rs are riding them and what your thoughts are? Are you happy? How did you build it out? I was looking at this build out:

Plasma

Audaci Favet Fortuna
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium [Austentx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it compared favorably to the other superbikes in Cervelos test here:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...the_Tunnel_1929.html

did you just win the frame and looking to build it up?

what kind of budget?

bring it by ATC tonight around 6:30 for beers and build ideas =)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks for that link. The raffle was for the frame set only. I am working with Adrian Montgomery from Scott Sports to see about helping with some components as I don't have much of a budget at all right now. I do have a used P2 that I could maybe sell for some cash toward build out. I also haven't received the frame in the mail, but I like the idea of beers and build out ideas when the frame arrives. Does that offer stand for the future?

Thanks!

Audaci Favet Fortuna

Audaci Favet Fortuna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
every wednesday and saturday night at ATC. I'm usually there wednesdays.

so some budget but fast ideas for ya:

1. uci illegal version vision aluminum basebars and extensions - fast, cheap, and work. vision aero brake levers, same deal

2. shimano 105 or FSA gossamer cranksets - cheap and they work, put an FSA aero chainring on it and it will feel stiff and be fast and look cool.

as for the rest, no need to go fancy on the derailleurs, shimano 105 or mid range sram would be fine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks for the tips. I'll try to make it in on a wednesday or saturday after the frame arrives and we can collaborate.

Audaci Favet Fortuna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
compared favorably?

Cervelo put on the fastest front end available on the P4 and left whatever on the other bikes, like this was real fair.

Yes, the Scott is a great bike, none faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium [yme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are still so up in a rage about this test, even when I bring it up to show how GOOD the guys frame is?

dude, you need to relax.

they described the test conditions, which lets you draw excellent conclusions. in this case, the conclusion is the scott plasma is more or less tied with the best tri bikes in the world.

go get upset about something worth being upset about.

yme wrote:
compared favorably?

Cervelo put on the fastest front end available on the P4 and left whatever on the other bikes, like this was real fair.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma Premium [yme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh geez I just went and looked.
the scott had the USE Tula bar on it.

that probably the fastest bar in the test.

yme wrote:
compared favorably?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To the OP, I built it with Sram Force derailleurs, Zipp Vuka R2C shifters, Sram Quarq, Dura Ace rear brake, Simkins Egg front brake, 3T Brezza aerobars and Hed Jet Disc & 90 front wheels. It's fast.

To Jack, you're right. I think Cervelo were more than fair in putting the Use Tula on the Plasma Premium for the test. I can't think of any other compatable aerobar that would test much faster, but I don't think it offers any advantage over the Ventus.

VALÄ’RE | YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I built mainly SRAM Force but Dura Ace rear brake and SRAM 900TT shifters and brake levers. 3T Brezza Ltd bar (customized with Ventus cradles and pads) and 30 - 60mm risers, Cobb Max saddle. Hed Jet 6's. Powertap Pro+.

I got a cracking deal in the US and brought back into Canada. Can't say it was as good as winning the thing though. Everyone in transition likes it too.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply