Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma Premium (3) & Zipp Super 9 disc. Is there a way to make it work?
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 Scott Plasma Premiun (the gray & black), my Zipp 808 firecrest front wheel fits but my Zipp super 9 disc rubs the brakes (when the rear caliper is fully opened to the extent it's up against the frame). Seems like my only option may be to sand down the brake pads a lot - but even then I'm not sure it will fit.

I know older Plasma 2's had issues with front firecrest wheels running the frame but on the Plasma Premium/3 that front fork seems to be fine with Firecrest. The issue is only w/the rear.
Any Plasma Premium owners have any conclusions? Thanks

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Masa757 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: masa757: Jun 6, 14 12:02
Re: Scott Plasma Premium (3) & Zipp Super 9 disc. Is there a way to make it work? [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Dura Ace 7900 rear caliper also (I believe you have to on this frame). With the spacer (washers) in place, the brakes are nearly already fully apart and as wide as possible since they hit the frame (& are stopped by it), at least on 1 side. I do have a tiny space on the other side where I may be able to get a few mm of clearance by removing that spacer; I will give it a shot.
It does look like that if I take out the washers it will angle the brake pads so that may help also.
Will try it. Thanks !

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Last edited by: borgerendurance: Jun 6, 14 13:12
Quote Reply