Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Molina...
Quote | Reply
Dang good race by Scott yesterday. Wins the 45's, goes sub 9:30...

Good on ya Skid.

(Gordo too...who really continues to impress.)

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks dude. Pretty quiet day out there for me. Perfect weather so figured I might as well try to do something decent. Even though my old bones are a wreck its still nice to be out there with my people doing it. Looking forward to the next one already (sort of.........). Its still a damn long way to run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like that guy. He's the real deal. -Been in the sport for years and has always fought the good fight.

He typifies the lifestyle of our sport to me. Great guy, friendly man, super athlete.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice going Terminator. Terminating a bunch of 45+ guys, that's mean.

Ken Glah looks like he wasn't going to let a little Marathon keep him from his 48th IM! Ouch 7 hours, that's a lot of time in your head.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [skid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott,

Great race. Congratulations Keeping the old-guys honest. Nice to see.

Time for some R & R and a few Beers . . . well maybe more than a few!

I have been out a few years with a bad back( herniated disc), and I know that you have had on and off back problems. PM me if you have a couple of minutes with what you found worked for you to get your back, back.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You were "Total Inspiration" for me Mr. T!
As an over 40 ag'r myself....you are one of my champions.

I'll never forget the 1985 Chicago Bud Light USTS race where you beat Allen and Tinley.

Stay Strong!

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll never forget 83-84,85?? when Molina kicked everyones ass in short course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>Perfect weather<<

Dude, what race were you doing???? ;-)

WIND!! HOT! SUN! I melted on the first lap of the run.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great Race, Scott - If your in the states on August 6th - come on over to Michigan and race the Steelhead 1/2. I'll buy the beer. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'll buy the beer. Z

Sure Tom, Promises, promises.

Support Crew

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK - In Joe's case - a bottle of wine - He did very well on Sunday - just not his type of race with only a 18 mile bike! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Molina inspires us all. Back in the 80's, I looked up to these guys. Still the same 20 years later. Keep it up. Are your kids leveraging the Molina-Baker genetics to become aerobic freaks, or are they becoming tennis-soccer-rugby-cricket superstars ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gordo's race is Kona. His background is built for that exact race. You see how he stalked and was patient and was intelligent during the New Zealand race. He sat back there like a cat on 23rd place for hours. He's more than has the endurance, science and body for it. Plus, you throw in everybody quitting and wigging out, during it, succumbing to the environment, and I think he could pass every person out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plus, he coaches Cam and Gordo (1st/2nd), and our own CLM.
The guy should get a knighthood!

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way Scott, happy 1/4 birthday. We get to share the age group for one more year again. Check out the Catalina Buffalo 1/2 marathon a couple weeks ago. Pouring rain, mud slicked trails, over 3000 ft of climbing, just how I like it.9th overall, not bad for a fat, old guy, with one ventricle tied behind his back...Broke ground on the big pool this week, should be done in June or July...Hope to see you up here soon....Monty

PS. Great race this weekend, looking to go head to head with Bonness of something???
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you going with the initial plan of 4 lanes of 25yds?
or 8 lanes of 50m with pacing lights and mirrors? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, it's gonna be a 25 yard by 4 lane pool. I have designed my own waveless blueprint for it, should be interesting how it works out. WHen we gonna see you and Olaf back again?????
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Olaf is getting here monday 14 for 2.5 months so I'm sure we'll find some time that works after IMAZ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark, did he ride his TitanFlex during the race? I just helped a buddy get positioned on a matte-black TitanFlex, somewhat like the Terminator Edition named after Scott Molina....and that's one tough-looking bike. Tom was even able to shorten the headtube to the correct height for him.

Mr. Molina told me he rides his TitanFlex about 85% of the time. Fleck, maybe his ability to continue to ride so well, in spite of a bad back condition, may be at least partly because he spends so much time on the TitanFlex. Riding this bike coincided with a drop of my lower back problems to nearly zero.

I'd recommend anyone that experiences low back pain to at least TRY a beam-suspension bike of some sort before throwing in the towel and not riding at all anymore. I'm glad I tried one.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck,

You thinkin' about a return to glory?

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironically, I rode a Softride for years. I now ride a Cervelo, road bike, but cycling( whether on a beam or standard bike) oddly does not bother my back. I have ridden up to 100K with no problems at all. Running is the big problem for me right now. Would love to get back to running, but even a 5K easy jog leaves me wrecked.

Thanks for the thoughts/ideas. It's all good.

Fleck

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina... [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking.

Not a priority right now. But always in the back of my mind.

I jumped into a sprint race on a lark last summer after a 7 year hiatus and was still in there from a competition perspective. I am not sure what that says of the lasting powers of my fitness( after doing next to no running and swimming and a modest amount of cycling) or with all due respect the quality the field on the day. Let's put it this way, I was surprised on both fronts and it was a heck of a lot of fun, but it did hurt!

Fleck

Quote Reply