Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scicon Aerocomfort 3 question
Quote | Reply
I have a Aerocomfort Tri case purchased new in 2020. Have never used it (covid etc) but just having a look at it now. Am I correct in saying that to make it work with thru axles, I simply remove the two silver end pieces that are used for quick release for the front wheel? No other adapter needed?

But for the rear, based on youtube vids, it looks like I need these, which I cannot find anywhere in the case or accessory bag (case was bought new)?

https://sciconsports.com/ca_en/kit-thru-axle-end-caps-aerocomfort-3-0-bike-bag-scicon-tp120010528

Thx!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Aug 28, 23 5:08
Quote Reply
Re: I have a Aerocomfort Tri case purchased new in 2020. Have never used it (covid etc) but just having a look at it now. Am I correct in saying that to make it work with thru axles, I simply remove the two silver end pieces that are used for quick releas [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I have a Aerocomfort Tri case purchased new in 2020. Have never used it (covid etc) but just having a look at it now. Am I correct in saying that to make it work with thru axles, I simply remove the two silver end pieces that are used for quick release for the front wheel? No other adapter needed?

But for the rear, based on youtube vids, it looks like I need these, which I cannot find anywhere in the case or accessory bag (case was bought new)?

https://sciconsports.com/ca_en/kit-thru-axle-end-caps-aerocomfort-3-0-bike-bag-scicon-tp120010528

Thx!
You are correct. This is a good two minute video on packing the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc62fOgM5ow
Quote Reply
Scicon Aerocomfort 3 question [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Thx!

You are correct. This is a good two minute video on packing the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc62fOgM5ow

Thanks. Just searched through my case again, those two rubber caps for the rear axle are not in there. :( Emailed their customer support....
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Aerocomfort 3 question [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have those either....think those are for a brand new model. You should have something that look like a fat aluminum spacer. Different than the adapters for the quick release
Last edited by: Greatzaa: Aug 28, 23 5:12
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Aerocomfort 3 question [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
I don't have those either....think those are for a brand new model. You should have something that look like a fat aluminum spacer. Different than the adapters for the quick release

Thanks, maybe. It is def the v3 tri bag, but it was purchased in early 2020. I don't see any other adapters, metal or otherwise. Only the metal quick release adapters as in attached pic....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Greatzaa wrote:

Thanks, maybe. It is def the v3 tri bag, but it was purchased in early 2020. I don't see any other adapters, metal or otherwise. Only the metal quick release adapters as in attached pic....

Mine is the same year I think. my spacer looks like this

1C7v9U3.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Aerocomfort 3 question [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Greatzaa wrote:

1C7v9U3.jpg

Ah OK! I think I do have that, pic attached. So you just need one? Goes on non drive side?

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Greatzaa wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Greatzaa wrote:

1C7v9U3.jpg

Ah OK! I think I do have that, pic attached. So you just need one? Goes on non drive side?

Thanks!!

correct....and I don't particularly like the set-up.....going to order those new rubber ones you posted
Quote Reply