Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Satanism and Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Like all high performance sport, doping is a constant reality in triathlon. But does anyone know of a triathlete who turned to Satanism to improve performance?
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [mariutti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard... ...but if you can guarantee me a Kona Slot...
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried. Satan didn't show up. I make a mdot pentagram and stuff....nothing happened. That's why i asked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the race number 666 once. Still missed the podium by a slot. Should have sacrificed something I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [balsdorf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had bib # 666 at the Camp Pendleton Sprint Tri a few years ago, one of my best runs.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about Satanism in triathlons, but Satanic weight lifting is a big thing apparently.

Personally, I turn to Norwegian black metal whenever I need a soundtrack to some of the more painful indoor bike workouts.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

When my wife asks me why I signed up for another Ironman I reply: the devil made me do it.

Does that count?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Last edited by: hblake: May 19, 16 15:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The Satanic Temple holds to the basic premise that undue suffering is bad, and that which reduces suffering is good.

Not triathletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Not sure about Satanism in triathlons, but Satanic weight lifting is a big thing apparently.

Personally, I turn to Norwegian black metal whenever I need a soundtrack to some of the more painful indoor bike workouts.

Followed the link and the first post there was on how the Vegan Satanic Bodybuilders are making sure that the protein they take is truly vegan.

That's akin to posting a question on ST about how everyone is making sure not to get the spills and sweat on their tri suits during the races, so that it looks chrisp for the finisher photo?
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been hoping to sell my soul for triathlon glory but Satan has yet to make me an offer.
He is probably too busy helping Lionel Sanders, Alistair Brownlee and Javier Gomez.
And he can't be bother with a nobody like me.
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

Now is a good a time as ever to say Nuclear War Now is a good label and Yosuke, the proprietor, is a decent guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pricing of souls is a mystery to me.

There are probably lots of people out there who would be will willing to sell their souls for an Olympic medal or a world championship title.
Probably, many more volunteers than there are Olympic and world title medals!

So how does this work?
Does Satan only except offers from people who are reasonable close to winning anyway?
Or can you make up for your lack of ability in other ways?

What if Satan can't find anyone great for a certain title and he awards privileges to a lesser athlete?
What if the better athletes change their mind and decide that they are willing to sell their souls afterwards?
Does Satan get to renege on the contract?
Clearly it is less work helping great athletes win!

If all of the good titles are taken up by more talented people, can you sell a fraction of your soul for lesser title?
I mean you wouldn't sell your soul for a first place age group finish at the local Turkey Trot would you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Satan, if you are listening. Here is my price scale. I will sell:

100% of my soul for an Olympic Medal or Tour de France victory (no take backs)
75% of my soul for an ITU world championship, major marathon win, major cycling tour win, individual world championship swimming or distance running medal
50% for any ITU win, or a top three in any marathon major or major cycling tour or world championship
etc.

10% for an age group win at an Olympic distance triathlon world championship or Ironman.

No doubt my prices are a little high- given my lack of talent.
But eternity in the lake of fire, is liable to be more unpleasant than having to explain to my friends why I didn't win the Olympics this year.

So make me an offeer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just realized there is another problem with these agreements.

Is getting outside assistance from Satan cheating?
If so then wouldn't it invalidate ones victories?
(I tend to think it would).

And if one knows that one won by cheating, it wouldn't really feel like much of a victory.
So whats the point?

I suppose that Satan could erase my memory. That way I wouldn't remember cheating and the victory would feel real.

I hope that this hasn't already happened.
I am not really all that happy with my results. I think I should have asked for higher placing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Inside Triathlon reports the USAT has begun testing all 2016 Kona Qualifiers for Satanical Doping?

"If everything seems in control, you aren't going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti
Last edited by: etapaero: May 19, 16 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [balsdorf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
balsdorf wrote:
I had the race number 666 once. Still missed the podium by a slot. Should have sacrificed something I guess.

You have to turn it upside down to realize its full potential

Wait,,,

Or is that the 999 bib?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get it. Ya know, since Kona is ridiculously hot. Like hot as...

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dirtymangos wrote:
Satan, if you are listening. Here is my price scale. I will sell:

100% of my soul for an Olympic Medal or Tour de France victory (no take backs)

The last guy who fell for that didn't read the fine print.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes the Devil is willing to make a deal. Just ask Johnny.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had a pre-planned trip to Kuma Burger to eat a Ghost burger after the Chicago marathon. Had PB during the run and the burger was amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Satanism and Triathlon [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's just say that if I did not now what a die hard edition was, I'd've had a much nicer collection of bikes.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dirtymangos wrote:
So how does this work?
Does Satan only except offers from people who are reasonable close to winning anyway?
Or can you make up for your lack of ability in other ways?

What if Satan can't find anyone great for a certain title and he awards privileges to a lesser athlete?
What if the better athletes change their mind and decide that they are willing to sell their souls afterwards?
Does Satan get to renege on the contract?
Clearly it is less work helping great athletes win!

I think Satan can fire you mid-season...

Hopefully he has trucker hats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dirtymangos wrote:
I just realized there is another problem with these agreements.

Is getting outside assistance from Satan cheating?
If so then wouldn't it invalidate ones victories?
(I tend to think it would).

And if one knows that one won by cheating, it wouldn't really feel like much of a victory.
So whats the point?

I suppose that Satan could erase my memory. That way I wouldn't remember cheating and the victory would feel real.

I hope that this hasn't already happened.
I am not really all that happy with my results. I think I should have asked for higher placing.

Now this is the way to adapt Faust for the modern triathlon audience. Goethe, eat your heart out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the race #666 once, but my performance was only mid-pack.
Quote Reply

Prev Next