Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saris H3 - Cassette Issues
Quote | Reply
I've had my Saris H3 for about 10 months and recently ran into the following issue : The cassette will not free spin when I try and spin the pedals in reverse. The cassette will move in reverse if I force it by hand, but if I try and spin in reverse while on the bike - no dice. I have reached out to Saris Customer Service - No response (?!).

It would seem that the trainer is placing some type of load or break on the cassette that is preventing it from spinning in reverse. In the forward direction, if seems to work and shift fine. The power numbers look about right.

Welcome any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 - Cassette Issues [Eidman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eidman wrote:
I've had my Saris H3 for about 10 months and recently ran into the following issue : The cassette will not free spin when I try and spin the pedals in reverse. The cassette will move in reverse if I force it by hand, but if I try and spin in reverse while on the bike - no dice. I have reached out to Saris Customer Service - No response (?!).

It would seem that the trainer is placing some type of load or break on the cassette that is preventing it from spinning in reverse. In the forward direction, if seems to work and shift fine. The power numbers look about right.

Welcome any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks.
Does this happen at all times - like when it's not connected to any app or plugged in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happens if you take the bike off?
Will the cassette spin freely then?
I’d check the end caps haven’t started backing out, but my monies on your skewer being too tight and causing the trainer axle to bind.
Quote Reply
Re: Saris H3 - Cassette Issues [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philg - You were spot-on with the skewer recommendation. Thanks a ton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Experience lol
Quote Reply