Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Santa Cruz riding
Quote | Reply
In Santa Cruz next two days need a hard 3 hour ride tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions or want to join?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz riding [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The highway (1) that the 70.3 course uses was great. Big shoulders for the most part and some decent rolling hills
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz riding [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This 92 mile loop is good. Nice climb up to Skyline and skyline itself is rolling. Drop down to Saratoga(hwy9) or Woodside (Hwy84) , or Page Mill towards Pali Alto and climb up again if you want to add some nice long climbs!

Both Woodside and Saratoga is good for a lunch stop. You also have Alice’s up on skyline

Will be longer than 3 hours unless You are a beast, but you could go up to skyline, down to Saratoga or Woodside and back the same way

(Edit: could not get picture to show at first)

Last edited by: EiE_: Oct 11, 19 0:01
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz riding [EiE_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for this!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a good loop. I'd be very cautious about riding the Hwy 9 part on a weekend, though. The weather is still really nice, which means all the motorcyclists that think "the Isle of 9" is their own private race track are still out, and 9 doesn't have good shoulders. I ride the front side of 9 pretty often (Saratoga to Skyline) but I won't ride it on a weekend.
Last edited by: el gato: Oct 11, 19 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: Santa Cruz riding [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never thought it was a problem as the motorcycles are normally loud, but I left the area in 2016.

Another option is to take a car to Los Gatos and do the tres Altos loop which was my favorite shop ride

(I assume you live close to LG based on Your username
:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the tres Altos loop, though I've never done it with the shop. Nice and quiet back there.

Good guess! ;-) yes, I do live in Los Gatos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lived downtown Los Gatos in Creekside Village Drive for 4 years. Was on a break from triathlon and focused on sailing + recreational road cycling (+ you know work...) while I lived there. Still my favorite town in the world!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you sail? I'm a member at OCSC up in Berkeley and sail out of the Berkeley marina from time to time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J/105 Godot, based in Oakland/ Emeryville. Finished 2nd with them in RBBS in 2015. This was my main boat

And Expedicious based out of SFYC, but owner was also member in StFYC. Loads of fun

I also had a moth based in the South Bay that I sailed on the reservoirs

We must have met at some point

Mostly fun sailing for 5 years. Highs was RBBS on godot and Block Island race week on Expedicious, but low point was making the Mayday call for Low Speed Chase when we saw them hit the Farallons... :( we were 600m away but to windward and outside the breaks. Nothing we could do

What boats did you sail on 2012-2016?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, you were sailing cool stuff !! I was sailing J24's on the bay doing my Basic Keelboat and Basic Cruising certs. When not doing that I was sailing with fellow club members out of Berkeley or with my buddy on his Benetau 35 out of Pier 39. All just fun day-sailing to Sausalito or SF. I need to get back out there and do my Bareboat Cruising cert so I can charter in Greece next time we go on vacation. We have family back there so we're there every couple of years.
Quote Reply