Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I don't have any daughters, but I do have a wife, a sister and a wife. Easiest way to look at it is "how do I want guys behaving towards them".

You have two wives? How'd you manage that?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
The guy is a stupid idiot and his age is no excuse for what he did.Quite frankly I am surprised that more of the ST females aren't contributing to this discussion.

Holy shit. Do you have any idea how exhausted I am from years of trying to say something here on this topic? It is absolutely pointless. I have, and it really is mostly a waste of time with these guys. I know which of them are smart enough to see it and they are generally the older guys.

I jumped into a thread just the other day that Dev and Halvard were on and we all called someone out on it.

The sexism and misogyny is overwhelming on here.

For every time I've heard one guy called sexist, I've seen 10 guys called an a$$hole for not opening a door or performing some other customary act that ultimately places a woman into a submissive role.

The point being: Guys get mixed messages every day, about how women want to be treated. Until women figure it out and come up with a decision, stop blaming it on Men.

persequetur vestra metas furiose
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [OnThaCouch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I don't understand is why the podium girl didn't automatically slap his hand?

It'd be my first reaction. She had every right to slap and remove his hand. I don't think anyone would see it as unprofessional.

Again, I find it odd that she didn't respond with a slap. It'd send the right message.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry...edited...I was typing fast between two conversations and got distracted in mid sentence and started off trying to finish the previous train of thought! You should see the proper wording now....but you probably know what I was getting at.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Sorry...edited...I was typing fast between two conversations and got distracted in mid sentence and started off trying to finish the previous train of thought! You should see the proper wording now....but you probably know what I was getting at.

Yeah, I knew, but like Sagan, I couldn't resist. Hope that doesn't paint me as a bigamist. :p

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [E_Moto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And this is why the tri forum is so exhausting. If you are still struggling with how to treat people with respect there is nothing I can say to you to help you understand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought as well but I don't know if she was even aware of it until after the fact. Her attention was focused elsewhere. She could have been stunned too.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
That's what I thought as well but I don't know if she was even aware of it until after the fact. Her attention was focused elsewhere. She could have been stunned too.

While its certainly "unimaginable" that a podium girl is on stage for attention............ etc....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You aren't doing yourself any favors so you might want to stop now before you become the poster boy for why the Womens have their own forum.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
E_Moto wrote:
JenSw wrote:

While its certainly "unimaginable" that a podium girl is on stage for attention............ etc....

Wow. That is quite possibly the dumbest statement on this thread, and that's saying something.

John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:

-----

She was quoted as saying that when it happened she was "frozen" in the spot when she realized what was going on.Her initial instinct was to slap Sagan but she decided that it was her job to behave in a professional manner and so she let it slide.She was not happy at all with what he did but has tried to play the whole thing down because for one,her boyfriend is absolutely pissed off with Sagan and secondly she,as you quite rightly pointed out,realised that any action on her part would just escalate the whole incident.

Here is Sagan's video apology..

www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/43030/sagan-offers-video-apology-to-podium-girl

---
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UTG,
More of us ST womens aren't chiming in because we deal with this shit day in and day out. Same conversation for years.... i do want to thank all those who have stepped in to repudiate casual acceptance of the "boys will be boys" attitude.

I'm going back to the womens forum now.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Apr 3, 13 14:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we wouldn't be having this discussion if she had responded with a hearty slap, but you're right she might have been stunned.

Message to podium girls going forward: If this ever happens to you, you have every right to publicly slap the guy. In fact, it's your duty.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in the States, a big basketball college coach has been outed for doing abusive thing in basketball practices to his players. Like calling them fags, throwing balls at their face, legs, body from like 5 feet. All these people were like, "man I'd have punched the coach in the face", and yet if a player would have done that, they'd have been outed on national TV just as badly as this coach. Probaly wouldnt even be welcomed anywhere else on a college team.

So yes, sometimes "doing something" and escalating it even more isnt really the best move. For her or some of those players to catch crap for not standing up for themselves, ah, an interesting topic of debate for sure.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
E_Moto wrote:
JenSw wrote:

Wow. That is quite possibly the dumbest statement on this thread, and that's saying something.

John

right, because exhibitionism is just a "made up word".

And: its particularly "stupid" of some of you to assume that this woman wasnt totally in control of the situation from the "get go". It's laughable that some are so programmed that they automatically place the woman in the role of the victim, and to suggest otherwise just spins your brain out of control. Maybe it was exactly what she wanted, and if so then that is her right...right? Anybody can "say" whatever they need to afterwards and upon reflection, and this woman is no different. She can say whatever she likes......now, if she DOES something about it then we will all know. But putting a woman automatically into the submissive role of "victim", yeah....... that's not the least bit indicative of asymmetric thinking.

Last edited by: E_Moto: Apr 3, 13 15:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
E_Moto wrote:

No, but the assumption that she is an exhibitionist because of her job is just as dumb a statement, and paints a good picture of your actual thought processes.

John

Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She should've slapped him. In fact, she appears more unprofessional by not slapping him. It'd be a non-issue if she had.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Non-issue? BS on that front, it'd be just as much as a discussion as it is now, just a different twist to the discussion.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree, because she had every right to slap his hand. It's a natural reaction. Maybe she could have gently removed or pushed the hand away. That would be appropriate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was my first reaction but then I realized I have absolutely no idea what I'd do. I know what I think I'd do but I've also been in situations where I'm so surprised I'm frozen.

She's pretty much in a no-win situation here. She is handling it with grace as far as I can see.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uli wrote:
Cipo would not have excused his behavior nor would he have had to.

When asked about the Sagan podium incident, Cipo responded with a one word answer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
E_Moto wrote:

No, but the assumption that she is an exhibitionist because of her job is just as dumb a statement, and paints a good picture of your actual thought processes.

John

no assumption, and no statement. Just a question, you should slow down and read, then process, and then rebut; because ultimately this is a debate. Until the woman herself pipes up......nobody here actually knows what took place inside her head.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I 100% agree she had every right to hit him, but to think that that reaction wouldnt have lead to as much of a firestorm of a story, well I disagree with that. Again, I'm not saying she didnt have that right, she certainly did, I just disagree with this idea that then it would have been an non-story.

Any reaction or reaction she would have done would have resulted in a story. So, I'm not really sure where the blame on her non-reaction goes in this story however.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan pinched podium girls bum! [adktriguy46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So funny
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're right. I don't mean to be critical of her.

Going forward, she has every right to gently remove the hand, maybe a slight slap. Women need to stand up for themselves. That's the message of the day.
Last edited by: TriBeer: Apr 3, 13 15:20
Quote Reply

Prev Next