Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S bends on road bike?
Quote | Reply
Currently I'm still saving up for the tri bike--so in the mean time I'm riding a CAAD 5 Cannondale Road bike. I've had GT Jammers on it which work ok but feel that I could stretch out more.

The frame size fits me well (58 cm) I'm just a bit under 6' with long limbs proportionally. I have the front down to one spacer with a horizontal stem so I feel that I'm already pretty low. I guess I could also look into a longer stem. I just have the one that was stocked on the bike.

So to get to my question--would putting S bend extensions work or would this greatly compromise handling? I would like to mount them under the bar where as the jamemrs I could only mount over the bar which also felt a bit high.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: S bends on road bike? [tridan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have s-bends on my road geometry bike. Yes, it compromises handling. That's the price you pay for having more weight over the front wheel.

Unless you have monkey arms, you'll probably want to cut the s-bends down a bit. I have the HEDS with Profile Design pads, the arm pads on the farthest back setting, and I recently switched to flip-ups. I'm pretty happy with the set-up.
Quote Reply