Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why
Quote | Reply
Calm down [insert your name], this is not about the st hottie you want to meet. It is also a poster not poser thread.

Seriously, I'm a professional lurker (0.0) posts a day for over a year, but am curious of all the people here you want to meet and why. If nothing else, to show them their advice matters. There are tons of troll or b@itch threads but none of thanks. I, myself, once was set straight by Paulo re: a nutrition plan for my first IM before ST changed. He was right, I was wrong. That said the poster I'd most like to meet would be DevPaul, even though I don't think he ever responded to anyone of my 0.0 posts a day.

Why: He is always sincere and always provides logical advice which is rarely disputed on this ever-changing board.

For those of you who wish to twist everything around, feel free to list the "poser" or poster you least would like to meet and why in addition to correcting all the
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fortunate enough to have met several of the most prolific ST'ers over the course of my 4 years on ST including h20fun (the first ST'er I ever met!), Record10Carbon, DevPaul, Tom Demerly and his wife (bikesportgirl), Smartasscoach (Paulo), Khai, rroof, support crew, trackieclm (formerly ironclm), jonnyo, rappstar, and many, many others too numerous to mention. I can honestly say every single one of them have been a pleasure to meet and hang out with. Looking forward to meeting Dan (Slowman) one of these days! I think many of us would love to meet Swimfan, but I don't believe that will ever happen!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Sep 30, 08 14:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Good question. I'm going to picka few if you don't mind:

swimfan: His caustic sense of humor is tinged with wisdom and condor. There may be a lot going on there.

Tom A.: Smart man, a lot to be learned.

Andrew Coggan: As above.

Dev Paul: He's done a lot for the forum: a philanthropist and team builder.

Now, having mentioned those I sould point out that I've been fortunate enough to meet ST'ers around the world, from Thailand to France, and I've always been pleased to make their acquaintance.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev Paul, Tom D, Khai, Support Crew.

All of the above show insight, humour and a realistic point of view. None is ever harsh, cutting or mean, but supportive and thoughtful.
Ambassadors for the sight (if the sight needs ambassadors??).
Last edited by: swimbikerunski: Sep 30, 08 15:12
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't mind meeting you cyclenutz, I sense there is a lot to learn fro you based on your excellent posts on fit and position.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I had never met Khai. He's a royal pain in my ass! :D

Quote | Reply
Are you Anne Hathaway? :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to sit around a table with Slowman, Rappstar, Monty, and paulthomas with 5 shot glasses and some Rum and just shoot the shit.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to meet Anne Hathaway.

She's gotta be a slowtwitcher by now, no?

honorary?

Smelly.

ErgVideo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've been to xantusia three times and have been fortunate enough to meet many ST'ers. khai/andypants are two of the funniest people...err canadians i've ever met, monty & emilio are triathlon historians not to mention great bartenders, iron/trackieclm has been there/done that, paul thomas is a natural born story teller, and ALL the chicas from the gals of ST weekend (i got to be honorary cabana boy the first two years) are as intelligent/charming in person as they are online.

that said, i'm gonna have to go with Tibbs...he's from TEXAS plus who else had(has) part of this forum named after them?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Last edited by: Tribato: Sep 30, 08 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are you Anne Hathaway? :)
Nope. Thank god! :)

Quote | Reply
I had the great pleasure of meeting Paulo, Jonnyo, Jodi, and Miranda at IMCDA07. Very nice people, all. (Yes, even you, Paulo.) :-)

I also briefly met a bunch of others at IMCDA08...as I was handing out water in T2. (I'm shocked that none of you have come forward to this day to say thanks!) ;-)

I'd put John Cobb at the top of the list of STers I'd like to meet in the future -- I think I could learn more from him over a few beers than I could from an entire cycling with power textbook. ;)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Sep 30, 08 17:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doug Stern, R.I.P.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm fortunate enough to have met several of the most prolific ST'ers over the course of my 4 years on ST including h20fun (the first ST'er I ever met!), Record10Carbon, DevPaul, Tom Demerly and his wife (bikesportgirl), Smartasscoach (Paulo), Khai, rroof, support crew, trackieclm (formerly ironclm), jonnyo, rappstar, and many, many others too numerous to mention. I can honestly say every single one of them have been a pleasure to meet and hang out with. Looking forward to meeting Dan (Slowman) one of these days! I think many of us would love to meet Swimfan, but I don't believe that will ever happen!
don't forget teh skinny guy that walked up to you at Disney's Animal Kingdom

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Doug Stern, R.I.P.[/quote] i absolutely concur...not attending his curacao swim camp 2 years ago when i had the opportunity is a HUGE regret.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wouldn't mind meeting you cyclenutz, I sense there is a lot to learn fro you based on your excellent posts on fit and position.

Same, but I was picking one person so I chose the Godfather of tri bikes. I would like to visit your store, there is no such thing as a tri store in NZ (though a couple like to think they are) and no matter how much I realise that so much of what is offered is hype - I'm still a bike geek and like being where bikes are.

Have you thought about doing IMNZ again, I'm much faster than last time you came down so wouldn't be beaten by a couple of minutes again...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to have a beer with Ultra-tri-guy

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Tibbs would be it, then Tom D, then DevPaul. I shouted "go Dev" to Dev at IMC this year from the beer garden, but that was as close as I got to meeting the man.

I've met a lot of STers too (Khai my West-sayeed Bro, SimpleS, PowerGyoza, Monty, Dan, Emilio, The Bjorn, ironclm, MonicaB, Hallie, DawnT, Drager, Erika, TriBodyBoarder, Miranda, Chip, you my friend, DutchBoy, Uncle Gimpy, Parkito... man it just goes on and on).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has it been that long since we've had a popularity contest around here? Sheesh, where does the time go? :-p

I've been fortunate to meet a ton of ST'ers over the last 4 seasons. To a person, they are all folks I was glad and honored to meet.
Well ok, except for Parkito. I've got to stop sleeping with him. I think that dude is stalking me. hahaha! ;-)

Knowing Dev means that eventually I'll meet every triathlete everywhere. He is like the mayor/ambassador/nexus of the AG tri world.

I'll get to meet quite a few more of the ST crew next weekend, and I'm very much looking forward to that.
I've got a great big keg of whoop-ass to share with all my old and new friends! ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP. His running insight is fantastic.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shee-it, you'll be at AmZof? Guess I'll see you there then. Yay! More STers to meet! ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have met lots of Slowtwitchers over the years and it has always been a very positive experience. Looking forward to meet a few more in Kona.

One more thing, I have met way more lurkers than posters. :-)

H
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd like to have a beer with Ultra-tri-guy

That isn't too hard to arrange,maybe I'll go to Taupo next year for IMNZ.I'll make sure to bring Rhodesy for some real comic relief.

I'd like to go to Xantusia one day.I'm eligible now that Cuds revoked my man card

Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Sep 30, 08 16:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DevPaul - he has a lot of great insight and some great training philosophies (100/100). Plus, he does some insane training blocks and is the object of envy for many forumites
Fleck - his long background in the sport and his training attitude
TomD - to get fit for a new bike...also because he is always adding something of value to this community
tigerchik - maybe she could teach me how to swim. also to ask her how it feels to have to eat a pb&j + nutella sandwich at night so she doesnt gain weight (not fair)
jonnyo - cause he's effin jonnyo
ultra tri guy - his attitude on life and sport, seems like a great guy to have a few beers with then ride a few hundred miles with

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply

Prev Next