Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've already met, you just didn't know it was me.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We've already met, you just didn't know it was me.
OK, that made me actually LOL. Good one.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll be on the look out for silly Cannucks rolling through.

Damn straight!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, that's AWESOME!!! Congrats!

I couldn't stay out of those kids' way on the derny...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was very happy to meet supportcrew this summer who also wins bonus points for being a dog lover and ironclm (c'mon the long stuff is better than riding in circles) who is a great guide to cool things in SF.

Free Training Plans and Canvases: abetteranimal.com (IG: @abetteranimal )
Home Cooking: culaccinokitchen.com (IG: culaccinokitchen )
Zurich, Switzerland
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You met Em? Awww...I miss her. I was just in Maine visiting them last week.

I want to meet Tigerchik b/c she wears clear heels and is naive.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Scott Herrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>(c'mon the long stuff is better than riding in circles)<<

The next time you're here, I'll take you down to the velodrome!

And I may go sortof long next year too.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm usually secure in my manhood to be chicked, but not when it happens in less than 200 meters from the start! Maybe we pull a Paris-Roubaix in from the city then sprint the last couple laps?!

Free Training Plans and Canvases: abetteranimal.com (IG: @abetteranimal )
Home Cooking: culaccinokitchen.com (IG: culaccinokitchen )
Zurich, Switzerland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a lot of folks from here that I'd like to meet. I'll refrain from making a list, because I'm sure I'd leave several off...
I've met H2O dave, Dev Paul, desert dude, katy and my all-time fav clm. So far I have not met a single person from this forum whom I've regretted meeting. STers are just good people...
except for andy...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just decided I want to meet TriSherri. I don't think I need to give a reason.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I'm lucky to not be a sales rep anymore, but getting out on rides is still a challenge and I'm 15 pounds over my race weight and not nearly as fit as the good ole' days, but when you have the class of riders I had the opportunity to join, I just needed to stay safe and out of their way.

-SD

Well Dave, looks like we are in a similar situation and based on recent conversations I had it appears that we are not alone. My goal is to get down from my current 194/195 pound weight that I have carried around for the last few years, down to a more "race worthy" 179/180 pound weight. That is still 5 to 8 pounds more than what I weight when I raced as a mountain bike pro in the very early 90s, but that wouldn't be a realistic goal. I think with my big frame, 180 pounds at 6'2" and age 44 would be fine.

So how about after the holidays we start a nice 15 pound challenge and see where we are by April 15, in time for the racing season. :-)

You're on Herbert.

I've got a bit of a head start as I tipped 217.3 pounds this winter. I'm down to 183 and hope to peel off another 13 somehow. I'll set my goal at 170 and you set yours at 180. First one there wins. Pics or...

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Unfortunately, no. I'd have liked to come down to watch, but work is super busy.

Good luck!! Let me know how it goes!

I hear Taylor P. did great today in the kilo. One of my guys said, "he's the real deal".

clm

Indeed, Taylor rode an amazing first kilo of his career, clocking a 1:03.2 and riding the last 500m in 28.2ish seconds, faster than the last 500m split of the latest world kilo champ. He is amazing.

I had the good forture of catching up with him and his dad at Interbike where we talked about possibly doing the team pursuit. I went up to the track on Monday and Tuesday to train with him and Colby Pearce and Dan Holloway to see if I could even hold onto their 55-60kph pace. We had a few good rolling tests and a quick standing 1km exchange in practice. Tonight they put it together clocking a 4:21 and letting me join them for as long as I could contribute to win my first Elite National Championship. Amazing generousity by those three lads to take a chance on my suspect ability and risk their own race by my particiaption. We rode ahead of schedule every lap and finished 4 seconds ahead on our scheduled time, and 9 seconds from National Team's 4:12 time standard for funding. There is no question there is a great new young crop of cyclists in the USA. Taylor is 18 and Daniel is a U23 guy.

I also raced the scratch race, but missed out on the finals by one place finishing 13th in my heat behind a handful of pros. The top 12 advanced. At this point I could care less, I'll be sleeping soundly in my new stars and stripes pajamas.

-SD

That was very impressive Dave. I was not aware that you could hold onto that type of pace. Congratulations!

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in way over my head and they nursed me along for as long as possible. I'm no where near their class.

http://www.velonews.com/photo/83965

and

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...c2008-10-02T17_53_52

smiles after all the pain:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ationals082/DSC_5111

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After spending some time at Lava Java yesterday:
  • Khai is Khai - super cool and nice. Very humble and a little quiet. I would definately like more time talking with him.
  • Cathy (trackieclm) - we had met before and this was the first time we had a chance to really hang out. A couple cups of coffee and hours later...she is great. Blunt and to the point, which I enjoy - actually I love people like that :-)
  • Paulo - shows up on a borrowed transition. I gave him a hard time for his seat being to high. Definately a fun guy. I think my wife has a little crush on him ;-)
  • MuffinTop - he didn't stay around for very long but looked super fit. I hope he has a good race.
  • Jodi - Very, very sweet. A little quiet but I can be that way as well.

I would definately enjoy spending more time with all of them and look forward to the ST get together.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply

Prev Next