Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Doug Stern, R.I.P.

Took the words right out of my brain...

I've had the great fortune to meet a lot of ST'ers over the years, to spend a fair amount with some and to become good friends with several. I was scheduled to attend a Doug Stern swim camp up in Xantusia, but unfortunately he fell ill and I never got a chance to meet the man.

Of the ST'ers I've not yet had the opportunity to meet, I'd have to put Tibbs pretty high up on the "must meet someday" list. I *almost got to meet Katy when we were driving down to Xantusia this year but Andy wouldn't let me detour. I hope to meet SimonW one day as well, and hopefully not drool on my shirt or be really out of it (as in having just finished a race out of it) when the time comes. Herbert, fredly, Emilio, TomP_imc and SuperDave are also on the list of people I'd like to meet. Same with GhiaGirl (though her new name has something to do with pirates - which is AWESOME) and runlikeamother. I'd also really like to meet SupportCrew. I hear her husband ain't a bad guy either. :p Also Bman, t-t-n, and the rest of the "steel is real" posse.

Finally, if Victoria Pendleton or Natalie Coughlin ever find their way here, I'd love to meet them as well!

I'm sure I missed a bunch of cool people... Sorry - it's not you, it's my brain. It's been trying to kill me of late and I've been fighting back by hitting it on the ground. Because we're currently at war, lists like this are incomplete at best.

But yeah - put Victoria and Natalie at the top of my list!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
This feels like high school all over again.
"Heathers" what a great movie - great quote to live by: "If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being; you'd be a game show host."

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you met me at Patriot too!

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [TriToy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, I did, and I've met Ride'em and dirtgirl too... I am sorry I forgot you! Was not intentional.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of us used to get "YSITH" marked on our calves for races to ID ourselves to other STers. Occasionally someone would shout out "Hey! Your seat is too high!" Ahhh the good ole days.

Ap

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you should have ;-)

And Khai, I am sorry we didn't detour to SF to find Katy. And I'm just as sorry for that shitty motel in Yreka.

WTF was I thinking?

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
xraycharlie - for being glad I'm still alive after hearing my bike crash story

How can I forget xraycharlie? The stories he has about crashing his bike are amazing.

Umm, make that "bikes." I'm working on a piece of wall art made of destroyed bike parts. Working title is "Learning is Fun."

Looking forward to meeting more of my "imaginary friends" (my wife's term) in the future. You guys are a bunch of fun - the wiseassery here is world class.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH YEAH - Pyjama party! I'm bringing my SpongeBob PJ pants! WooHoo!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazingly, I've met Paulo, The Sergio, Jodi, Bjorn, Jonas, most of the Northeast Klique, Rappstar, Support Crew, Joe Bonness, Mike Plumb, Monty, Dan, RC10, Khai, AndyPants, Frank Day, Tribodyboarder, The Nicetwin, Mark Lemmon, Lar Dog, stalked Tigerchik, kittycat, Cement bottle.

I am so sad you forgot about all of us at Placid :(
Maybe all the rain accelerated your forgetfulness.

In addition to those below and Dev Paul and TriBodyBoarder who I also met at Placid, I am looking forward to meeting everyone at Kona. There are very few I would not like to meet. There are some I would like to meet and then promptly slap them upside the head. Then I would smile and shake their hand, including two of the biggest Republican pains in the asses - Big Kahuna and David in FL. Of course I've already met parkito :)
To balance it out, I would also like to meet Barry P and MattinSF.

As for the womens I would like to meet all of them, but jens, Katy, trackie clm, DawnT, kittycat, tigerchick and Tritoy come to mind.

And who wouldn't want to meet Tom Demerly, Mr. Tibbs, slowman and Herbert?

As for Normann, I could have met him last year at Kona at Lava Java, but I couldn't work up the nerve to even say hi. But I made up for it when I chatted with Craig Alexander in transition on race morning. Super nice guy and he is a Hottie.

Rich Strauss, hotamales, LM, Fitzie, Chris G, SwordFish. Middle row is Morpheus. thenicetwin and Parkito, Anchor
Last edited by: fitzie: Oct 6, 08 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimfan

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA helped me as much as any STer ever...I was walking along river road melting during epicman last year and, although I had never met him before, he stopped and asked if I wanted ice and a cold gatorade...very cool

X2!!!

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Trigirlpink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TeamBareNaked.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shock waves of Doug being gone continue to ripple through the triathlon community. It something I am aware of very frequently. It hurts.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have met Becca and I was pretty disappointed. His wife is pretty cute though...

Sadly, as I have always suspected. :-(

However, running into you, Serio, Jodi and crew at IMLP the night before the race at dinner was highly gratifying to me, as it confirmed my IM nutritional instincts were right on. ;-)

We also met Bjorn and Jonas at the Supermarket, the preceeding Thursday night. When I'm on, I'm on.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo as seems to be a class act and acheiving the level of athletic success he has in endurance sports living with Crohns is awesome inspiration for others who have IBD (I don't have it but through work know many who do). Also Dev because he takes the time to provide good insight, has a wealth of truly useful knowledge and travels while training like crazy which is always a useful combo for the rest of us who travel....
Quote Reply
no reference to the Polar Rep [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all of the PM's I get(LEARN we should share notes) I bet if I announce a PC only Polar clinic I could draw a crowd. Any NY/NJ Polar owners interested?
I bet if I got in a dunking tank for all of the MAC owners I could also draw a crowd :) I love you guys/gals
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [fitzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No slight intended Fitz. I could probably triple the list if I sat down and thought about it. But, I think people would be more than a little bored. Not to saying that you're boring. (This is the political CYA season, ever staement must be correctly parsed!!!)

The Northeast Klique is big and growing!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure why fitzie felt slighted as you left your "roomie" ML and others off the list also, not that there is anything wrong with that. If I was not in a bar watching baseball I would post the picture from the pub to make fitzie feel better ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone should want to meet and spend some time with TomP_imc.He is a great guy and a legend here in IMC-land.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure why fitzie felt slighted as you left your "roomie" ML and others off the list also, not that there is anything wrong with that. If I was not in a bar watching baseball I would post the picture from the pub to make fitzie feel better ;-)

I was looking out for all of us and didn't necessarily feel slighted. I think the rain completely erased Parkito's memories from LP.
I know I still keep trying to forget about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't hold it against him, I hear that whem you get old the memory is one of the first things to go ;-)

On another note my young cousin has been crushing his ag at some local dc area races, you do any or belong to any clubs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't hold it against him, I hear that whem you get old the memory is one of the first things to go ;-)

Do I know you?

For editorially purposes, I was trying to keep the initial list within reason. Ergo, the Northeast Klique addition, which I expanded from Fitzie to Dev. You're just about geographically dead set in the middle.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On another note my young cousin has been crushing his ag at some local dc area races, you do any or belong to any clubs?

Is this your cousin?
There is a kid I met at my LBS who was asking me about Triathlon a few months ago. He is pretty hard core with road biking, did some swimming and liked to run. I told him he should try a sprint triathlon. Next thing I know in his first triathlon he won his AG. I can't remember his name, but this kid? Fast, very fast.
If he keeps up with it, he could be in Kona some day. He was in his early teens and had the discipline of an adult.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was not remotely offended nor did I read fitzies post but thought I would add my two cents for fun. I guess if you think the "northeast" runs from DC [well below the mason dixon line btw] to central canuckistan, I am glad that you taught science rather than geography ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blond 6' plus named adam? he is a trainer at the army/navy club and only looks like he is in his late teens. If so, that is him.
Quote Reply

Prev Next