Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So we don't have your list yet. Aside from me, who else do you want to meet?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cliff. The guy is a walking textbook...or should I say jogging textbook.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to meet Desiree Ficker....she posts here occasionally right?

...actually i've met Fleck a couple of times (IM lake Placid) and I believe he may have done a talk at Deerborn Health Multisport Symposium.... since he is there promoting 19brand he wouldn't know me....
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Jeff Vader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to meet Jeff Vader and or Cliff and talk about plants and or bugs.

Whatever happened to Karl Rove anyway???

Has no one said Normann yet? I would think that at least Swimfan would want to exchage pleasantries with him! ;)

For the record I'd love to have a drink with Dan and Monty.

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to meet...
TRIBODYBOARDER...because he's a legend in one sport, becoming one in another(his own way) and puts family first. I don't know how we didn't cross paths in LP this year!

SLOWMAN...we actually met at TriFest this year, he won't remember it but I do. He said something great as we were climbing Mt. Lemmon and he was in all his SLOWTWITCH gear "I should practice more of what I preach and ride more" I say we all should!

NAPOLEON...just to see what he's really like.
SWIMFAN...because you nailed me one time and I was pissed off for a week before I realized you were the slowtwitch pariah.

I've had the opportunity to meet alot of you at races and have found most to be sincere, interesting and genuine people.

I'd love to meet SUPPORT CREW again...a classy lady who shared some great human insight at CDA in 06'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite the feel good post.

Is everyone tapering or something? :)

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just SLOWMAN
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't you just walk across the street to do that?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Austin79 has always intrigued me.
I would also like to meet Yahey in a dark alley somewhere...
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
can't you just walk across the street to do that?

I am not who you guys think I am. I am getting really funny and weird PMs that cracks me up! Best of all, everybody thinks I am someone from their triteam or club. I guess there is a little bit swimfan in every one of us...

Best one so far is from this person thinks I am the dude from their tri club (Seattle tri Club) He is convinced I am "Jason". After couple of PMs later I gave up. I just hope they won't harm the real Jason :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm...Dev-St Croix next yr maybe?? Tom A and AC cuz they are wicked smart and i love sitting down to talk with people whos brain i can pick, Ultra Tri Guy sounds like a trip hed be fun to have a beer with, Slowman cuz he is another wise man...thats it for now!

Paolo I have met as well as Jonnyo and Zach and OC3ram(Miami Man), Couchweight is a good friend, I guess when i travel more as i get older ill meet more of you but for now thats it....

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought of one more while running on the tmill tonight and watching Biggest Loser.

CaptainCanada - so we can make a great meal and talk Ultraman.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Jeremy K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what, austin/miami79 - good call.

L, if I *really* come to Austin for a 1/2 marthon, can we finally go drink beer? I know it's my fault for not coming in 2007... but will you forgive me?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [THENICETWIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd like to meet...
TRIBODYBOARDER...because he's a legend in one sport, becoming one in another(his own way) and puts family first. I don't know how we didn't cross paths in LP this year!
Great! Now I can't fit my head out the door! :)
Thanks Bill! That is pretty amazing that we never met at LP!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [ancientdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
21 here old man, so speak for yourself

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< I'm fortunate enough to have met several of the most prolific ST'ers over the course of my 4 years on ST including....

I feel slighted ;-)

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< I'd love to sit around a table with Slowman, Rappstar, Monty, and paulthomas with 5 shot glasses and some Rum and just shoot the shit.

with three of those 4 you would not have rum on the table, it would be nothing but the finest tequila on the table.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great question and I would nominate it for best first post ever.

Also a tough question, I have been lucky over the years to have met far too many STer's to even begin to try and list them. Some I have known long before this message board even existed. I can only think of two people right now that I haven't already met that I would like to.

BarryP, I always enjoy his running thoughts because they seem to parallel mine very closely.
Dr. Andy Coggin, even though our pathes have crossed a couple of times, we've never really had a face to face meeting. Again another voice of reason and great intellect.

Of course even though I count Slowman as a close friend and have spent a lot of time with him and numerous long drives with, every time I have spent time in his company, I feel like I gain a couple of points on my IQ.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have I missed it or has anyone listed R10C?

I looked forward to meeting both R10C and Big Kahuna at Great Floridian in 2006, but both suffered freak injuries and could not make it. Since I seem to bring ill fortune on folks, I won't list anyone -- wait, I will name someone, who also has not yet been asked to dance: Andy Coggan. I'd like to meet him because he owes me fifty bucks.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm, I'd like to meet just about everyone on here, they all seem to be different and interesting people in their own ways

Ken Lehner, since it sounds like he's getting HOTT in his old age ;)
Tigerchik, since she seems to be the only one on here who shares my love for swimming
Tom D. and Tom A. Since they seem to be very intelligent and insightful guys
Swimfan, odd enigma that he is
Khai, Paulo, MuffinTop, and Rappstar all seem funny in their own ways
devpaul seems like a great all around guy
Slowman, cus he's the man!
and the list goes on...

Oh, and I have heard a lot about this guy named THE SERGIO :)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Occam's Razor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to meet Frankin 'Powercrankin' since he is an original ironman, as well as AC, maybe the two of them together and ask a controversial question that will implode into a drawn out debate ...
There area few ladies in teh lavender room that also I would not mind meeting, may be on a training ride where I get to draft for a long long time!
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Have I missed it or has anyone listed R10C?
I mentioned him. I met Chip through Chris G at IMLP at midnight. Had a classic brief conversation with him that I would have loved to continue since he offered me to join them for something to eat, but I couldn't make it. Next time Chip, next time!

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
<< I'm fortunate enough to have met several of the most prolific ST'ers over the course of my 4 years on ST including....

I feel slighted ;-)
Arrrg. You'd be in that "many others too numerous to mention" sentence Mike! :)

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, Murphy's Law, Andrewmc, ajfranke.

And I would like to see freestyle recording the whistling post...arguably the best post ever on ST.
Quote Reply
Re: ST Poster you'd most like to meet and why [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Austin79 drink beer bwahahahahahaha....she is allergic to...wheat, glutin, hops, latex, lactos, air, water, etc....she will drink up some top shelf margaritas though.

Hey Lauren you bringing a blender to Palo Duro? I am sure Jamie and Andrea will have one...should we cook up some rita's after the run.
Quote Reply

Prev Next