Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST Kienle interview Jul 22 2019 [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Thank you Dan for being open to dialectical exchanges:

Did PD earn the recent coverage (two photos, one close-up) in the Seb interview, the subject of this thread? I ‘think’ I can understand the rationale behind your high coverage of PD, but the Seb piece seemed to cross a line: forcing in coverage when the athlete actively chose to no longer use that product... in an article specifically about that athlete’s choice in equipment. Is it OK to ask these critical questions?

i didn't know that kienle had changed between heilbronn and frankfurt. he changed from one bar i wrote about to another bar i wrote about (well, i think he still uses profile design's pursuit bar, that's made for his plasma). you can ask whatever questions you want. but i think it's pretty clear, by my response, that your insinuation has a tough road ahead of it. the last 7 or 8 aerobars i've featured editorially are not made by profile design, and are instead made by companies that have no relationship to slowtwitch. of course every time i write about a slowtwitch partner i get the usual attacks. we just yesterday wrote about stans, effetto mariposa, and orange seal. not slowtwitch partners. but had one of them been, i'd have gotten the attack like yours. i'm used to it.

no, i don't mind your asking "these critical questions." but i suspect you'd find that it's the opposite of what you think. i write a lot about certain brands - HED, Zwift, Speedplay, PD, et al - because i find what they're doing compelling and notable. if they become partners, it's always after they discover my affection for the brand. i've been writing a lot about wahoo fitness lately. i write a lot about SRAM. i find them each a compelling brand. they're not partners and i have no anticipation either will become one. i hope they might (i can't publish slowtwitch without companies that pay the freight). but if they do, my editorial about them will not occur because they're a partner, their partnership will occur because they've chosen to do business with somebody who understands that brand's value.

i'm going to write about profile design a lot in the future, because they too much good stuff not to get written about. and with pictures.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next