Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48
Quote | Reply
If there is one thing that I will always brag about, its my wife. Anyway, Kimberly Grogan won the South Carolina Half Ironman in impressive fashion with a time of 4:48. I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet (just got a voice mail during my mid afternoon nap), but this is a PR by about 20 minutes. She dropped her cell phone in some water so hopefully we will catch up sooner or later. I am sure proud of her and her victory this morning; she is amazing and is getting better with each race. Hopefully we can get her to write us a ST race report this week under this thread.

http://www.set-upinc.com/rp5/schalf/scovfe05.htm

Last edited by: KJGrog: Oct 3, 05 14:20
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48 [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That rocks! Congrats, Kim!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48 [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a fast girl married to a fast guy = a faster kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats KJ... if this trend continues she will be kicking your ass real soon;-)

Weeman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to the wife~

Thats a smokin fast time.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job to Kimberly and awesome time! It's a nice race course. Road conditions a little rough, but scenic and fairly flat. The uphill finish is somewhat cruel.

Alicia

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome Kevin. You are in over your head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How soon until she beats you? This is all less than a year after the birth of your son right?

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i did the inaugural race last year.. nice folks & great race... but did they fix the short bike and run legs? I think it was 1.2-52-12.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, that's scary! I couldn't hit those numbers on my best day. Congrats to your wife.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48 [johnthesavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure for the run length but Kimbo said she had the bike clocked at 56.5 miles.

No doubt Kimbo is coming for me very soon and as long as I don't get any slower, nothing would make me happier than her handing me a can of wop-ass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell Kim I said congratulations!

Rich

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dude, keep braggin. that time is nothing to sneeze at, and would certainly kick my ass hard. plus she's more than worthy of hottie thread standards (all in due respect)

more power to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, congratulations to your wife and to you for your victory at Belle Isle today. You were probably already home taking your nap by the time I finished:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NIce job Kim!! Congratulations!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is fast, I passed her at the Florida Half this year and said HI as I did and then she proceeded to kick my ass up some freaking mountain up there in clermont and laughed at me, I still havent recoverd, sheeeeeesh.

Perhaps we should have a Kimbo215 V Miami79 race, that should be very interesting, although my money is gonna be on Miami79 =)))))

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48 [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. The Florida Half doesn't even have hills worthy of Clermont. If you come up for the GFT 1/2 in Clermont, Kimbo will put you in the hospital.

I second the Kimbo215 vs. Miami 79 race though. Maybe you and I can have a beer watching those gals race. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before I blew up Kimbo blew past me on the bike when I was feeling good. You should have seen the pack of guys trying to draft her in my opinion. She looked strong everytime I saw her. Congratulations on the win. We had the lengths corrected last year. It was just a little long this year on the bike because of a bridge being out and we had to detour onto a rougher road. Sorry about the late start.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48 [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have met Kim. She is lean and mean! I don't want to mess with her!!! Don't go placing any bets. Besides, you know what they say about a fool and his money.... =)

But, I will be at the Great Florida Challenge in a few weeks, which is her home course. It will be my first 1/2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Kim!

She is a local stud and quite a cook too. They need lots of high quality calories to fuel that Grogan family.

Let's not forget Kevin also won the Belle Isle too. Tough family to compete with...Gavin will be unstoppable!!!

-Dre

ps. but can they score the "W" at the beer run in December?

-Dre
RD at Clash Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48 [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kimberly is leaning toward the Florida Challenge too herself....so Heavy D. you might see your match-up. She doesn't like the idea of Gavin going that long (10+ hours during a full) without feeding from her.

Miami79: I am sure D.D. and S.A.C. will have you more than ready to go when you step up to the start line Oct.22. I am sure you will do great...BottomFeeder has already been making you banners and painting the roads on the course this last weekend to cheer you on..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think she'll respond to this message on Buckhill:

"MIAMI79... WILL... YOU... MARRY... ME? BOTTOMFEEDER"

Or should I have a banner airplane circle over her the whole race?

:-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: ST'er Kimbo215 (Kimberly Grogan) wins S.C. Half in 4:48 [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But, I will be at the Great Florida Challenge in a few weeks, which is her home course. It will be my first 1/2.

Lauren, you'll be the fastest triathlete with a hip replacement in the country before we are through w/ you. You'll do great at the half, so don't worry. SAC and I get to do that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kimberly is a total stud. When are you going pro, Kimbo?

Bri Gaal
One Step Beyond
http://www.osbmultisport.com
Quote Reply