Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM TT Levers - Are mine defective?
Quote | Reply
Before I send these back, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I ordered a pair of SRAM TT shifters and when I went to install them, the right (rear) shifter is very difficult to move. The front feels normal. I tried loosening the torque screw, but that doesn't seem to affect anything. Am I missing something here?

When I say difficult to move, I mean they require more than just a thumb to move.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM TT Levers - Are mine defective? [kytri_in_CO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i remember hearing that these are very stiff. When they first came out i recall one tester commenting that they were impossible to move unless installed. I believe it is a reaction to some pros who demanded they be stiffer to prevent accidental shifting.

Quote | Reply
They are stiffer than Dura Ace levers for sure. Once they are installed and ridden for a while they break in a little and aren't quite as stiff but still firmer than other brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are just very stiff. But they break in. Will always be stiff, but it's nice because you can really rest your hands on them without accidentally shifting.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM TT Levers - Are mine defective? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks everyone for the replies.

-David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah mine felt very uncommonly stiff at first, but after breaking them in a bit (and maybe me getting used to them) are much more "normal" feeling. I love them so much.

---
justin

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. -Upton Sinclair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that another reply is needed here but...yes, they are stiff but the shifting is smooth and accurate. I love my SRAM Red.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question already answered, but, I will add to the "yep, really stiff, yep, they loosen up" response. Also, in response to another poster, I could barely shift the damn things before they were installed. They are that stiff.

That be said, once installed, they are spectacular.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your question was thoroughly answered and I just wanted to add that I too love my SRAM Red shifting.

Herbert
Quote Reply