Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM AXS front derailleur not trimming
Quote | Reply
I had a new Red AXS front derailleur installed in June. Currently, the self trimming is not working, so I have about 2 cogs in the center of the cassette where it is not rubbing on the front derailleur cage. I have had it in to the shop that installed it a few times with no success, and am taking it to a different shop tomorrow. It pairs fine with the rear, the app, the clicks and blips. Battery is fully charged. It just doesn't trim. Anyone have any knowledge about what might be going on?

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM AXS front derailleur not trimming [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the SRAM website, the front derailleur is supposed to be trimess due to their "Yaw technology". Why then is it rubbing on so many cogs?

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM AXS front derailleur not trimming [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct they don't trim. It just needs set up better. Make sure and use the tool/guide. Also make sure the derailleur doesn't move when tightening. Limit screws should be set tight on both high and low. You can also micro adjust the RD if needed. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply