Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions?
Quote | Reply
title says it all .. Interesting computer idea.. if you can pair power meter...
https://speedx.com/smartbike/product/en/

Jeff

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks good but you've got to have a lot of faith.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
computer/stem looks cool no?

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mister944 wrote:
computer/stem looks cool no?

I'm intrigued by the bike and computer. Seems like an incredible price on both bikes.

I'm surprised there isn't any more thought on this. Maybe it's to new, some units should be out by now I would think.

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A fool and his money...

I'm convinced that no one involved with this company actually cycles.

Check out these gems: https://speedx.com/...eopard/x-carbon.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their specs are interesting. I'd like to know what bike they're comparing it to that weighs 35 pounds, that comparison alone makes me pretty suspicious of their knowledge of the industry. Also I wonder if their integrated computer has the capability to connect to power meters. Seems like something that would be fairly important.
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oops, didn't see that you already raised the power meter question. My bad
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Their specs are interesting. I'd like to know what bike they're comparing it to that weighs 35 pounds, that comparison alone makes me pretty suspicious of their knowledge of the industry. Also I wonder if their integrated computer has the capability to connect to power meters. Seems like something that would be fairly important.

You think that's bad, look farther down where they have a graph comparing vibration to mileage...
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the laugh! Why would anyone spend money on this company with graphs like that

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't trust any bike company that shoots its bikes with the chain in the small chainring.

No pink, dead serious.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for the input, heard and received.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
I don't trust any bike company that shoots its bikes with the chain in the small chainring.
Sure seems like nothing more than an attempt at fancy marketing for what I take to be nothing more than another over-priced, private label, open-mold frame.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well... check it out... Kickstarter campaign started... https://www.kickstarter.com/...smart-aero-road-bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their words, not mine:

"Probably the stiffest aerodynamic bike frame in the world"

"After more than eight months of prototyping the brakes, we found that the most aerodynamic way is putting the brakes behind the front fork"

"We’ve hidden the brake behind the front fork, making it look more aerodynamic than ever."

"manufactoring"

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Kickstarter campaign was funded in ~2 hours so it would appear a lot of people were impressed with the marketing, charts, and graphs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ms6073 wrote:
The Kickstarter campaign was funded in ~2 hours so it would appear a lot of people were impressed with the marketing, charts, and graphs.

To be fair, $1,199 for a bike that comes with a GPS computer and 105 is not a terrible deal. If I was looking for a cheap road bike, may not be a terrible idea. Especially since the frame is probably an open mold already existing, my question is where the computer comes from?
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
Their words, not mine:

"Probably the stiffest aerodynamic bike frame in the world"

This was my favorite, they are standing behind this frame. It is "probably", I mean do we exepect them to test other frames to compare it against? That is asking way too much.
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For their asking price, yeah it is asking too much. Wind tunnel/CFD time ain't cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the hairy legs! C'mon ... seriously???!!!

Stay aero my friends.
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
For their asking price, yeah it is asking too much. Wind tunnel/CFD time ain't cheap.

So a Chinese company (Beijing Beast Technology Co.,Ltd.) comprised of these guys can't find someone to do even basic CFD? Even Culprit made it to a wind tunnel and that's just one dude spending his wife's money*. Tell me another...

*allegedly
Last edited by: Grill: Mar 24, 16 12:38
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So a Chinese company (Beijing Beast Technology Co.,Ltd.) comprised of these guys can't find someone to do even basic CFD?"

Chinese company? Their Kickstarter claims San Jose!

So much of what is on their site is puffery, and as noted by many before me. So many little things that add up to this just being another Hongfu/Dengfu type bike, except under their kickstarter, you are pretty much explicitly waiving and chance of getting a refund from your credit card company if the experience goes south.

Check out the comments section of their KS page. Looks like a couple of the commenters are basically astroturfing the thing.

Check out their stretch goal at 500,000 and tell me this is a legit bike company committed to a leading edge smart bike!

Last edited by: mikedrutar: Mar 28, 16 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [mikedrutar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good job guys, we unlocked the 2nd water bottle cage boss at $1MM in funding. Let's see if we can get the metal bottle cages at $3MM!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just noticed there is an "article" over on CyclingNews about this brand / bike. Placed right in the "Latest News" section with the sub-headline "Kickstarter-funded bike is turning heads". Appears to be a review of the bike...until you see the small star below it with the caption "Sponsored by SpeedX". Looks like a totally legit article otherwise....

Lame.....on both SpeedX AND CyclingNews' parts.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$1.8M and counting
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDX / SPEEDFORCE anyone seen this? opinions? [mikedrutar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mikedrutar wrote:
"So a Chinese company (Beijing Beast Technology Co.,Ltd.) comprised of these guys can't find someone to do even basic CFD?"

Chinese company? Their Kickstarter claims San Jose!

So much of what is on their site is puffery, and as noted by many before me. So many little things that add up to this just being another Hongfu/Dengfu type bike, except under their kickstarter, you are pretty much explicitly waiving and chance of getting a refund from your credit card company if the experience goes south.

Check out the comments section of their KS page. Looks like a couple of the commenters are basically astroturfing the thing.

Check out their stretch
Quote:
goal at 500,000 and tell me this is a legit bike company committed to a leading edge smart bike!

I have sent several messages asking simple question on Facebook and email and received 0 replies.
Quote Reply

Prev Next