Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [jdubcx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I lived for 12 years just a half mile west of that off ramp there in Leucadia.. Gary Hooker lives right there too, this thing is just getting crazy..Lookl liek Arrowhead is being evaucated too, another entirely different fire, that is where Sojourner(Joe) lives. IF you get this Joe, come on down here it you need to....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's eerie.. almost made for Movie type cinematography... stay safe!

http://wardmoya.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another update.....from signonsandiego.com
Parts of Solana Beach, west of I-5, ordered voluntarily evacuated
11:40 a.m.
Solana Beach's Fire Department officials are going door to door on 12 streets to ask residents to voluntarily evacuate. The streets are all west of Interstate 5. Fire officials said they are concerned that fire could move through the San Elijo Lagoon area into coastal neighborhoods.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is unbelievable!! In addition to so many fires already, 15/215 freeway area has just started with another fire(bottom of the cajon pass area).
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [vo2maxed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy stuff going on for sure. We're lucking out up here in Ventura so far. Although we are taking a lot of smoke from the 3 inland fires. Here are some pics from yesterday afternoon, this was at 2pm. Mine you the fires are 30-50 miles from us.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the same neighborhood where I stay when I come down there. I'm sure my friends have had to get out too. Hope you are all OK ;-(

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is OK.

Did Souza remember to save his mankinis? Those'll be worth a fortune one day.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank God she got the cats! my God, this is just unreal.

my deepest regards to everyone this is impacting; it must be painful and emotional to pick up and move on the spot. i cannot imagine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in San Clemente, we have tons of dust blowing in from the hills in the east, but so far, thank GOD, no fire or ash falling. The irony is that yesterday (Sunday) and today have seen the best waves we've had all year.

I went bodyboarding for 4 hours yesterday and two this morning and the winds at the beach were light to non-existent at Salt Creek, and my friend up in Huntington said the wind was howling offshore all day yesterday and this morning. Geography is playing a HUGE role in the wind conditions for any given area.
After my surf today (where I was feeling a bit weird that so many folks were suffering with these fires and I was getting my best waves of the year), I went for a swim in my neighborhood pool, across the street from my house. Here's what the pool looked like from all the blowing dirt:

Needless to say, I had the pool to myself, and you can see the "channel" I created in the dirt on the bottom of the pool which worked well as a lane line for me.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Oct 22, 07 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! That's too bad. Good luck to everyone that lives there. Wish I could offer more help from Michigan.

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice pic!!

Another update for everyone.
All Solana Beach residents told be ready to evacuate
12:19 p.m.
All Solana Beach residents are advised to plan, pack and be prepared to evacuate because current wild fires may spread.
A city emergency operations director, John Traylor, said residents on 12 streets close to Holmwood Canyon , which extends from San Elijo Lagoon south into a neighborhood west of Interstate 5, are advised to voluntarily evacuate. The rest of the city may be asked to do so if the fire danger spreads.The lagoon extends east into Rancho Santa Fe, where a mandatory evacuation has been instituted.
Right now, Solana Beach fire officials are going door to door on those 12 streets to advice residents to leave. Those streets are: 700 Seabright Lane; 200 Patty Hill Drive; 600 Barbara Ave.; 700 Rios Ave.; 700 Granados Ave.; 600 Holmwood Lane; 700 Rawl Place; 600 Canyon Place; 400-600 Canyon Drive; 600 Ridgeline Place; 600 Glencrest Place; and 400-500 Glencrest Drive.
Traylor said the canyon rim is the city's highest fire danger zone because of an abundance of vegetation. "We are trying to be ahead of the curve," he said.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kestrelkerri is packing her car and getting ready. ;-(

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats terrible, but at least they have some time to pack.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [bikesportgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best help is to not move to California. Not nice to say but much of this is really quite predictable. They build these homes far up in canyons, on narrow and inaccessable roads in a semi arid desert where Santa Ana's are a regular occurance every fall. As sad as this is, isn't it becoming just a regular occurance that will probably become progressively worse as we continue to build in these areas? We had a local firefighter from here in Sonoma County killed fighting the San Diego fires a few years ago. Very dangerous stuff down there...
In Reply To:
Wow! That's too bad. Good luck to everyone that lives there. Wish I could offer more help from Michigan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The LA times made a map of all the fires going on:

http://maps.google.com/...25,13.798828&z=7

Quote | Reply
final update...we're packing up and taking off.
Mandatory Fallbrook evacuation
1:05 p.m.
Evacuations are beginning on the eastern half of Fallbrook; from Insterstate 15 east to Live Oak Park Road, to Gird Road, and East Mission Road to the north and San Luis Rey River to the south.
Mandatory Valley Center evacuation
1:05 p.m.
Evacuations are beginning in a large area of Valley Center, near the Bear Valley area. Valley Center High School is the evacuation center. Residents in Valley Center should play close attention to news reports because of the serious fire threats.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty, thanks for posting. This is rough. Please pass on my best to Paul T and the rest of the folks faced with the potential loss of their homes...aside from getting my son and wife out of the house, I am not sure what else to grab, but I think PT has the right idea with a couple of decades of training logs...the memories inked in there can be priceless and certainly document the studliness of youth and PB's!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are in Topanga just a few miles over the mtns from Malibu. Waiting for updates. The bikes and the dogs are ready to go.
All the main bike roads up here are closed already. Hope the wind dies down.
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [Redog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to work right there in Topanga Beach, I bet there are not too many ways out now. GOod youare ready. I just got a call from Sojourner, and his parents in Arowhead are evaucated, but he is at his girlfriends in Irvine. He cannot breath the ari there however, so he is coming here tomorrow. Could be some flames going up the mountain here if we can get Bjorn, Jonas, Paul, and Joe all flying up with a tailwind.

Good luck everyone with the quick moves, don't forget the animals food....
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so far so good here, I am just west of the 5 in the Village (Carlsbad). If it gets any worse or closer I am hiking it up to Valyermo.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope it all works out for all these folks and nobody looses their homes.

I used to think S.D. would be a nice place to live (if you could afford the house prices) but now I'm not so sure.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for any ST'ers out there.
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap...

Hope all is safe with everyone.... It looks horrible there.

We are actually on our way back from Kona today... and found out that our place is evacuated (we live down the street from Kenny)...
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so far so good here, I am just west of the 5 in the Village (Carlsbad). If it gets any worse or closer I am hiking it up to Valyermo.G
------------------------------------------------------
Mike
I was wondering about you guys. Hope you don't have to leave.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are starting to evacuate Scripps Ranch area north of Pomerado road, east of 15....this is 2 miles east of us as the crow flies. De Soto is not beiing evacuated yet, and the skies are still blue here, but there is a lot of ash in the air.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: SO CA FIRES; Souza and Paul Thomas evaucated!!! [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, from what I am seeing on line is they have zero containment yep, and forecast for tomorrow is worse?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next