Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOS ... any running shoes similar to Hoka Clifton 1?
Quote | Reply
I had the original Clifton and loved it. Then Hoka brought back Clifton 1 last year for a limited time and I snagged a few. But they are worn out now and I am looking for a replacement running shoe. I tried Clifton 7 and it was not cushiony enough. I tried Bondi 7 and it was too cushiony (like running in sand). Any suggestions?

I know the there are a large number of people that have a love affair with Clifton 1 (like me), or Hoka would not have brought it back! Why companies mess around with what works?!

Please help!

Thanks,
Shawn
Quote Reply
Re: SOS ... any running shoes similar to Hoka Clifton 1? [Shawn F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the same position as you - loved the 1. I bought six pairs when they were reissued - still have two remaining to run in. I recently got the Mach 4, which does feel pretty similar to the Clifton 1. I also have used the Hoka Napali, which was also very similar, but I don't think they're made anymore.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: SOS ... any running shoes similar to Hoka Clifton 1? [Shawn F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saucony Endorphin Shift is an awesome shoe. Same drop, nice snug fit, similar cushioning but more pop. In our store many Clifton lovers have moved to the Shift.

Kiwami Racing Team
Last edited by: playguy: Jul 21, 21 20:09
Quote Reply
Re: SOS ... any running shoes similar to Hoka Clifton 1? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are absolutely right. I bought Mach 4 and it is pretty close to Clifton 1. Love it, thanks!

Now they have it is all sort s of colors too.
Quote Reply
Re: SOS ... any running shoes similar to Hoka Clifton 1? [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right. Saucy Endorphin Shift is pretty similar to Clifton 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran with the original Hoka Clifton I and the re-issue but have moved on and love the Nike Vaporflys from 2 years ago. Yes they are more narrow and expensive but are far more responsive. Haven't tried the latest Vapor or Alpha Flys.
Quote Reply
Re: SOS ... any running shoes similar to Hoka Clifton 1? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used Clifton 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 and 2 & 3 are pretty close. After that Clifton has gone downhill. I don't know why but they don't make them cushy anymore. I'm very used to Clifton 1, 2 & 3 and Rincons are pretty good. Not as cushy as Clifton, but they are light and very comfortable. Try them. You might like them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shawn F wrote:
You are absolutely right. I bought Mach 4 and it is pretty close to Clifton 1. Love it, thanks! Now they have it is all sort s of colors too.

the mach 4 just came out of nowhere. i don't think anybody expected it to be the breakout hit it's become. that said, for those who're 15 or 20 pounds too heavy for the mach 4 as an everyday trainer, the bondi x is going to be the shoe. but if you don't like a lot of cushion you won't like that shoe. i find the mach 4 has a lot of cushion, but the foam is better than in the bondi 7. the bondi x and the mach 4 share the same foam i *think*.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Jul 21, 21 15:19
Quote Reply
Re: SOS ... any running shoes similar to Hoka Clifton 1? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried Bondi 7 and it was too cushiony and not enough bounce. It felt like running in sand!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been struggling with the same problem, but have one pair of the reissued Clifton 1 left.

For me, various Nike from 4% to the Alphaflys have been great. I also just bought a pair of NB Fresh Foam More V3 and while heavier than the Clifton I am liking the ride. A little firmer but still soft enough. Using them for the long days and easy days.
Last edited by: Jay(Eire): Jul 21, 21 17:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shawn F wrote:
I tried Bondi 7 and it was too cushiony and not enough bounce. It felt like running in sand!

^^ or on a "too soft" mattress. But, to each his own.....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saucony Endorphin Speed or the Shift.
Quote Reply