Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOMA waves
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any information on the Soma waves? Are they sending the waves for the 1/2 first?
Quote Reply
Re: SOMA waves [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just posted them. The idea is the Quarterman will be off the course before the Half catches up, which will cut down the conjestion on the course by 350 athletes. Good luck this weekend!

www.redrockco.com
Quote Reply
Re: SOMA waves [jeff suffolk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeff,

I am doing the 1/2, but I noticed that the bike course map for the Quarterman says "Second loop cuts out the Mill Ave. leg." If I am reading that map correctly, though, that's not accurate. Just thought you might want to change it to avoid any confusion for the 1/4 people.

By the way, on the bike course, will the aid station people do a water bottle hand-off to us? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: SOMA waves [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, Thanks for the heads up. I'll change it now. The map is correct, the description is wrong. Yes, you will get two places on the bike course for aide. College and Curry will have water bottles and Gatorade Edge, bananas and vanilla gu. The McClintock turn around will have just fluids. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: SOMA waves [jeff suffolk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeff,

You've got me confused with the bike aid stations. The '2005 Soma Half Ironman and Quarterman Bike Course (w/Aid station Location)' map only shows one aid station - College and Curry. The 'Long Course Specific' map doesn't show any (ya, I can make the logic jump to assume the second map just missed placing it the same as the first). Your above statement suggests a SECOND bike aid station out on the course. I can't find ANY reference to this.

From your web page: http://www.redrockco.com/aidstation.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------

BIKE COURSE NUTRITION

There will be two bike course aid stations. The first station will be at the turnaround-14 miles from the transition area. The second station will be at the second turnaround at the transition area.

FLUIDS - Purified Water in 24 oz. Sport Caps and Gatorade in 24 oz. Sport Caps

GELS - Gu Vanilla Bean

FOOD - Bananas

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This list 2 bike aid stations, but at different locations than you just quoted... (not that I understand either of the web site locations - 14 mile turn around-(the end of college?) and then 4 miles later at the 'turnaround at the transition area'????)

Am I missing something?

Quote Reply