Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ
Quote | Reply
Ok Folks - a thread has already started on this topic - please see the link below, but in a nut shell - a disabled gentleman on a cycling adventure had his bicycle stolen while he was eating (it is a specially modified bike for his needs) and when he went to investigate - he was knocked to the ground and robbed by some heartless woman, of all his cash and belongings

Bottom line - he is now in need and we are reaching out to Slowtwitchers to pull together and help

We have contacted the gentleman - and he has provided us the details of a local bike shop (for him) that has a bike that will work based around his special needs.

We are planning on hitting up the manufacturer of the bike along with the bike store - to get a huge price reduction - and then kick in some from a collective gathering of good souls here at Slowtwitch

We are also looking to purchase a giftcard for him from Walmart - which he could use to replace the clothing and camping items lost.

Can you spare a few dollars?

If so - please contribute - every little bit helps

This guy may not be a competitive cyclist or a triathlete even, however his bike is the ONLY way he can get around due to his disability.

A paypal account is being used to collect donations - andrewjjoyce@sbcglobal.net

Please consider assisting here - we'll keep everyone abreast of what we have been able to do!!!

Share this story with everyone you know

Thanks - in advance for your support - kittycat is spearheading this "rescue mission"

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Last edited by: oneforty.6: Aug 9, 05 8:54
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is great.

ok, so one this account has funding in it--how does he get the money?

and in other words, we will not be donating money directly to the bike shop...it will be coming via paypal...

i can send him an email telling him of this update (or even call him)...but i need to have my information acurate so that it's not confusing...
Last edited by: kittycat: Aug 9, 05 8:31
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be very clear for all concerned

Once we have a total amount - we have options -

1. We can get a check into his hands

2. We can apply the amount raised against the purchase of the new bike (directly with the bike shop)

3. We can apply it directly against the cost of a new bike from a bike manufacturer ( I am persuing that avenue right now - I just need more details on his specific needs)

4. The cash can be transferred directly into his bank account

As an quick update - we have $100 already in donations - including my $50 starter

Please be kind - help this guy out - remember - he did not come to us asking for help - but he surely needs it.

Not only is the bike his means of transportation for his adventure - it sounds like it is means of getting around - PERIOD

If people have product donations they would like to make - I am also happy to coordinate this - please send anythng you can spare to

Saeco USA Inc

Attention: Andrew Joyce

7905 Cochran Rd, Suite 100

Glenwillow, Ohio, 44139

I will bundle all items and send them in one package - I'll pick up the international shipping costs

AJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great. I think Jim has the camping gear pretty much covered.

i'll call maurice and get his address and PM that to you. he is staying with a friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
perfect

bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey oneforty.6, the link in the post is for an e-mail address "andrewjjoyce@sbcglobal.net" ??? I want to help. Do you have a link to the paypal? Help me. Thanks:)
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [dakinilegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.paypal.com

when prompted for which account to deposit funds to - simply enter that email address

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's start a list so we do not double up on supplies. If you want to take an item, just fill in your name and what you will donate.

Camping gear - Jim

Paniers - ?

Clothes - ?

Rain gear - ?

Anything else?

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Thanks:)
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [dakinilegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I'll PayPal over some funds - just need the address

Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Name: Andrew Joyce
Email: andrewjjoyce@sbcglobal.net (Add email)

Balance: $0.00 USD Earn a return on your balance!

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just paypal'ed you $20

Andy

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's start a list so we do not double up on supplies. If you want to take an item, just fill in your name and what you will donate.

Camping gear - Jim

Paniers - ?

Clothes - ?

Rain gear - ?

Anything else?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bike lights?

Computer?

tools?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome!

Thanks everyone so far.

Let's keep this on the front page here for as long as possible - many of our west coasters are probably getting their morning coffee in the office right now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just paypal'ed you. I wasn't thinking and did it in CDN dollars, hope it works ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just got off the phone with him to give him an update of what we've gotten together so far and he is beside himself. i'm telling you this is the sweetest man!!

he said that last night he went to bed so discouraged. he has been hanging out for 5 or 6 days and was loosing hope. he said with all of this he has a new energy and has a new hope and is starting to believe he will get back on the road.

i've told him about Jim's camping gear and the account...he is just beside himself and is thrilled!

the bike he really wants is $650.00 (i forgot to ask what kind...sorry). I told him we're going to try our best to raise the money for it and it's coming together quite nicely.

with in the next 45 minutes he will call me back. let's rally together so that when he calls me i can tell him that we're close to or have met the $650.00 mark so he can get his bike.

come on people...we can do this. let's make this man's dreams come true!
Last edited by: kittycat: Aug 9, 05 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [dwindrim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave

Just received your generous donation - thanks - at the end of the day - it will all go to him in Canadian funds - the check will be drawn against a Canadian bank!

We're getting there folks - still a long way to go though

Let's make a HUGE difference in one person's life today

Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! I'm on the west coast and have been in the office for 3 hours now! :) I paypal'd ya already!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK oneforty.6...done.

Thank you for providing the opportunity to give. I hope that we can give this man back a little faith in the human race. I think in the end when all of his belongings are replaced maybe we will have erased some of the sting. I just feel super bad that he lost his journal. We can't replace that. :(

Thanks again to you and kittycat

Jen
Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it Kerri - THANK YOU!!!!

I know most folks on the west coast have been in the office for a few hours already - I was hoping to drag out a reaction from a few friends over there that don't start working until after there 8.30am coffee!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are in.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: SLOWTWITCHERS TO THE RESCUE - PLEASE READ [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you do Firepay to paypal? If so, I'll send some $$ tonight when I get home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dumb question: I've never used PP. Do I put money in by a credit card?

I'm going to be in, by the way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next