Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SD INT RR
Quote | Reply
This was my 2nd year doing the international race and we had a great TCSD group out there to represent out club. 1K swim, 30k hilly bike and 10k flat run. The water was flat, slightly overcast and the winds were calm great day for racing. My wave(18-24) went off at 6:45AM right after the pros. I was able to get a good draft for the first 500 meters and had a good line to the first right turn on the clockwise course. Head up around the buoys then got ready to bridge to the next pack of swimmers. Kicked my legs a bit more to pass my draftee and turned left at the final buoy and swam to shore. Stripped my wetsuit right then and scurried into T1 and threw on my helmet and glasses and i was off. Exited T1 at 15:10 and had a decent flying mount. I was pretty happy with my swim time ~1:27/100's.

I was pumped up for the bike course and feeling good coming off my "race" at Baja 70.3. Bike is my strength and I worked on reeling in the stupid fish in front of me. I was running 808's and was ready for the hill climb. Climbed the hill aero and stood up near the top to power over for the flats and gain speed for the following climb. Passed a guy in my age group on the 2nd hill and got ready to push. Had a good first lap and was getting warmed up, but no one was in front of me to reel in(besides pros) so i knew i was in good standing. On the 2nd loop atop cabrillo national monument i picked up the pace and was passing tons of ppl who were on their first lap and ate a power gel. Saw my dad on his bike on my way back in and gave him the finger, nice. Hauled ass on the downhill hit a max of 38 and spun the legs down for the run. Real good flying dismount and came in off the bike so fast it nearly shot to the moon. T2 was ok i always have trouble slipping into my shoes after biking. Bike was under 46:30 for an average just shy of 23mph.

The run was pretty lonely and not many spectators were out since it was still before 8 o'clock. I think I ran the first 2 miles a bit hard because I wasn't able to hold the pace for the rest of the 10k(6:30's). I felt good, but could have pushed a bit harder but knowing no one in my AG was near me I could enjoy the scenery and had a great time running down the finishing chute. Finished the 10k around 43, hopefully a bit quicker for a final time of 1:46.XX and 2nd in my age group. The guy who got first ran a 1:38:xx and something of the likes of a 35minute 10k. Ill get him next year!

Hope everyone had a good race any RR's out there?
Quote Reply