Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s my question. I recall him having to sort a ‘solution’ mid race as a pro trying to compete before being allowed to continue.

the rule is ridiculous and if you’re going to enforce it... well make sure your kit works or your day is over. Sucks but fair. Or WTC just needs to realize shit happens and sometimes it’s hot. Enforce drafting and drug testing instead.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Dude.... Relax! Her zipper was broken. Dq'ing her for that would be terrible.

It's a dumb rule but if you want to bow out of WTC racing for that reason it I think you're nuts but have at it.

I watch the swim/bike part of the race thru FB feed and I must say that her efforts to zip up her top were little to non-existent!!!

That's what I saw, now I can't confirm that it was broken but I did see pics after the win where she had the "zipper fixed" so believe what you hear from the commentators if you want to... but part of me believes she just did what was faster for at transition and at least it worked for her

You think she rode the whole bike ride with her jersey unzipped on purpose?

After she crossed the finish line they gave her a long sleeve jersey to put over her broken tri suit. She did not fix it.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all, there's no way she would have ridden with it unzipped, if she could actually zip it.

Even worse, quite a few of her sponsors didn't get the "eyeballs" they pay for because of the unfortunate wardrobe malfunction. There is zero possibility that this was any kind of subterfuge on Daniela's part... she's a professional with contracts that require her to display their logos during the race and she made attempts to zip it up.

RowToTri wrote:
playero wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Dude.... Relax! Her zipper was broken. Dq'ing her for that would be terrible.

It's a dumb rule but if you want to bow out of WTC racing for that reason it I think you're nuts but have at it.

I watch the swim/bike part of the race thru FB feed and I must say that her efforts to zip up her top were little to non-existent!!!

That's what I saw, now I can't confirm that it was broken but I did see pics after the win where she had the "zipper fixed" so believe what you hear from the commentators if you want to... but part of me believes she just did what was faster for at transition and at least it worked for her

You think she rode the whole bike ride with her jersey unzipped on purpose?

After she crossed the finish line they gave her a long sleeve jersey to put over her broken tri suit. She did not fix it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
WTF is wrong with our sport banning cut pro athletes from showing their abs.....this is a stupid rule.

Age groupers need to have a rule to cover up their bodies.....we don't want to see bare chested mamils shuffling in the streets at 13 min miles with their "bros" undone. This is a good rule for age groupers.

lol! so true!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, I said her efforts to zip it up were nearly nonexistent I didn't say she did that on purpose that's 1 completely different things.

Will you say if you watched her arrival to T2 that she spent more than 5 seconds trying to zip up her top?! Again my vantage point & it will obviously differ from person go person however, she attempted to zip it, no good; grabbed bike attempted it (under 3 secs) & said it's time to go & got on the bike course.

I really think that if anything it worked out on her favor creating a bigger bus than it's worth & letting the competition know that no matter the problems on course I will beat you kinda statement.

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how many attempts of what length each should be required before a zipper can officially be declared broken?

How will these attempts be documented? What will be the procedure for certifying the number and length of each attempt before the athlete is allowed to continue unzipped?

If we don't get this locked down, how will we stop all these athletes faking broken zippers before starting their bike ride?!?

this should be unnecessary but </pink>

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Age groupers need to have a rule to cover up their bodies.....we don't want to see bare chested mamils shuffling in the streets at 13 min miles with their "bros" undone. This is a good rule for age groupers.

Did you mean to put this in pink? At any race the best body in the race is going to be age grouper not a pro. Towards the back of the race you might have some overweight individuals, but just don’t look at them if you’re offended...

Yes pink font :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
WTF is wrong with our sport banning cut pro athletes from showing their abs.....this is a stupid rule.

Came here to say something along these lines.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember her trying to zip it up for about 15 seconds in T1 and then tried a few times on the bike....it wasn't like she didn't try and why shouldn't see its not fun for her to ride the bike portion with that flapping around

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
I remember her trying to zip it up for about 15 seconds in T1 and then tried a few times on the bike....it wasn't like she didn't try and why shouldn't see its not fun for her to ride the bike portion with that flapping around

I understand she tried to zip it up during the bike ride... however per everyone's mind it was already broken who h is why she left T1 with it being zipped!

What was the point to attempt to zip it up during the bike leg if it was deemed broken?! There's seriously no point yo it & if anything it was taking time from her by said attempts.

Anyways, zippers can be a pain & likely even worse at the ship race & being the favorite to win that she prolly just couldn't do it by rushing & everything else that was running thru her mind. Again it just showed all the ladies that she can still beat them all to T2 with a parachute on! LOL

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
your mom should have been DQ'd.

😂😂😂

🤘

/thread

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:
The broken zipper thing has happened more than once in the pro ranks. Stupid rule, I'm out of WTC events until they fix that one rule.

If that's your reason for not competing, I think you've got some mental health issues.

Ohhhhh. Now let's not say anything about someone's mental health. In the AH thread that would be grounds for a riot.

No zipper, no problems!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [D_PRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D_PRC wrote:
duplicate thread

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Tri_suit_rules_P6721779/?page=unread#unread

Also here : https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ring=biatch#p1566945

Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good grief, it's 2018. How difficult is it to make a tri top with a zipper that's going to work when you really need it to work?

Not saying her's wasn't broken on Saturday, but I'd go out and buy a new top before my next race if I couldn't get the zipper to work.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It happens.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITU uniform rules are even more strict. However it is more clear that a midriff is allowed in long course.

Page 12.
https://www.triathlon.org/uploads/docs/itusport_competition-rules_2018.pdf

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Re: Ryf should have been DQ'd [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you are utterly retarded. there are plenty of good reasons to avoid WTC, but Ryf having to ride and run with her suit flapping about is really not one of them! if she could have taken the top half of her suit off, she would have clear done so and legally only worn the sports bra she had on underneath.

it was clearly broken, there was a far greater disadvantage than any advantage, and to disqualify her for a broken zipper complete defeats the object of the rule.

the rule is in place to create equality between male and female athletes. otherwise men would be free to race topless, where as women would not be able to do so under current social culture for women to not reveal breats/ nipples in public.

therefore, the simplest way to create equality in a race, is to prevent both from unzipping their tops lower than the breast bone.

both men and women are fully entitled to wear a sports bra during the race in place of the undone zipper option.

unfortunately for Ryf, her top was sewn to the bottom half of her suit otherwise she would have clearly taken it off and perfectly legally only worn the sports bra she had on underneath.

get a grip, seriously.
Quote Reply

Prev Next