Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running in Seoul?
Quote | Reply
Going on business to Seoul for the first time. Can you guys recommend places to go for a run and must see places?
Last edited by: Trirunner: Apr 13, 04 22:03
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Seoul? [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running depends greatly on where you are staying. Many of the American style hotels are near Namsan (the hill with the big tower). There is a paved road up both sides and good roads leading to the hill. It is pretty steep! Also, there is a good paved bike trail along the Han river, mostly on the south bank I think (opposite side from Itaewon). It crosses most of the city. See if you can hook up with the hash house harriers at the Samgokchi (sp?) miltary base for a run and beer.

Places to see:
1. Take the subway, it is marvelous...get a map. There are no "dangerous places" anywhere.
2. Itaewon is the nightclub and american district, some amount of good shopping and more english spoken.
3. Nearby is Namdemun (south gate), good open market, Dongdemun is more upscale. Yongson electronics market is interesting also.
4. There is a large palace and grounds (the secret garden) near the north city center and near some of the museums. Great place for photos and a tour.
5. The War Museum (near Samgokchi) is pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Seoul? [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're up for a weekend run, and willing to take the train a little north to Uijongbu, I'll show you the sights.

Quote | Reply
For a kick ass workout run the stairs up the "hill" to the base of the Seoul Tower.

Look both ways, twice, before crossing the street.
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Seoul? [miltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the offer. I don't know my schdule yet. I may have to work on the weekend, depending on how it goes on Friday and Saturday. I will let you know.
Quote Reply