Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running in Louisville for spouse
Quote | Reply
My wife will be doing her long run this Friday while we are in Louisville for my race. Any suggestions on where she can safely run from the downtown area- Sheelbach (sp?)Hilton?

Would a lap of the IM run course be a good idea?
thank you,
S
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Louisville for spouse [bella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IM Loop is a good idea. My friends always do this loop while we are down there. They have a nice run day and I am in hell on the course. My Gf is going to be down there watching and she is planning on running the loop while we are on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either you or her can PM me if you like. Will she be at the Gatorade swim Friday morning? I will be working the bag check tent. Does she want hills or flat?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if she has access to a car she can drive a few miles to Cherokee Park- great place to run. Get bluemonkey to give you particulars
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Louisville for spouse [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Note sure if she will be at the swim. I do not know when she wants to run. Hills would be good for her as we have none in our town.
S
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my GF wants to run long on Sat after the swim if any interest is out there

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the Cherokee/Seneca suggestion. I'm not sure how long she wants to run but Cherokee is only ~4 miles from downtown.
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Louisville for spouse [Reddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife has to watch our little one or she would be game.
She is running Friday while I take Bella to her first Ironman check in. Fun time w/ daddy. lol!
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Louisville for spouse [Reddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be running later than usual on Sat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my long run (18mi) in 2007 on the IM LOU course. I started out early...Your wife may want to wait until day break to get going. IIRC - Dawn comes pretty late since Louisville is on the Western end of EST zone. The course was great. Not too many places to get water - so I placed water prior to my run. I looped around town on my return and then went for a swim!

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then if she can get to Cherokee Park, she'll find a good run. How long does she want to run?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do a search for the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon and check out the course (though I doubt they will let them run at Church Hill Downs.) I remember that Iriquois Park portion of the course was was very hilly. Also, a friend of mine used to run for UofL. They used to run down River Road (though I would not run past where the sidewalk stops) and across the bridge into Southern Indiana and into the park that runs along the river. From what I remember, that is is also part of the old Tri-America Series Louisville run course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.mapmyrun.com/...e/623125133424562399

Leaves from the waterfront parking behind Slugger field.

Mile 2-3 and 11.5 to 12.5 are on a trail that follows Beargrass creek. If you watch for the Bike route sign it should be easy to find.

Add as many loops around Cherokee or Seneca to make more distance if you need it.

edit- The most scenic part is the parks, but if you want a running route to get there here you go...

"Can’t I just start alone? I don’t need a team. All I need is a mechanic and a car!"-Jens Voight http://velonews.competitor.com/...lgem-and-more_108891 "
Last edited by: remnfa: Aug 26, 09 17:55
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Louisville for spouse [remnfa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the route. I will pass it along and see what she feels like running.
S
Quote Reply