Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running Shoes
Quote | Reply
After years of running and triathlon, I am coming down with pain and injury in both legs like it is my job. I realized that I wore the same (brand/model) shoes for years (mizuno/motion control type), with no real problem other than shearing/friction on the bottom of my feet, and changed shoes this spring to a new type (pearl izumi/neutral) because they were more comfortable on the skin on the bottom of my feet. I am thinking this may be the source of my pain - having let my arches fall flat while running all summer, i am now having ITband and shin splint troubles.

My question: How did you find your ideal running shoes? I feel like I am going to have to go through every model of shoe before I find the right ones for me....or maybe there is no right one for me. Anyone else have problems with shear/friction forces on the bottom of their feet?

Thanks...

Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoes [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.jackrbt.com

I see you're from NY. I suggest you come by.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoes [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, thank you for reminding me! I did one of your indoor tri's last winter (loved it!!!) and was thinking about coming by for an analysis....I am running NYC sunday so I think I will wait until I recover a little before coming by. What do you charge for the analysis? Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once I adapted to running in racing flats (Mizuno Wave Aeros and ASICS DS Racers) daily I just gravitated towards increasingly minimal shoes. Now even the latest incarnation of the Nike Free (NF 4.0 Trainer) feels like too much shoe for me and I'm getting the best road feel and foot plant/push-off from the most minimal shoe in my stable, the Nike Waffle Racer - a real retro shoe down to the Oregon Ducks color scheme. I'm even thinking of trying a pair of Puma H Streets next.

I'm not trying to push minimal shoes on everyone, but just relating what's happened since I discovered a series of injuries around two years ago were brought on by an excessively elevated heel wedge in two different models of shoes I was wearing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to a GOOD running store where they know their stuff and have them help you out. You should come out with the best shoe for you because you will try on a few pairs there. Let them do the guesswork for you.

Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The analysis is free, even if you don't buy a pair of shoes (although we highly encourage you to!). The process usually takes about 20-30 mins and you leave knowing a lot more about your running needs and running shoes. We're planning to do another series of indoor tris this year, hope to see you there!

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoes [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GREAT!

I will be coming to the store sometime later this month then!

Quote Reply