Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Runner/Cyclist/Hitman convicted of 2x assassination due to his Garmin Forerunner
Quote | Reply
https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a25924256/mark-fellows-runner-hitman-murder/
Excerpt:
A British runner, cyclist, and mob hitman has been convicted for the murders of two rival gangsters, in part, because of his GPS watch. Mark “Iceman” Fellows, 39, was found guilty by a jury at Liverpool Crown Court of killing organized crime leader Paul “Mr. Big” Massey and his associate John Kinsella, 55 and 53 at the time of their deaths. Massey and Kinsella were also career criminals, part of a gang scene near Manchester, England, with a reputation known across Europe, according to the Manchester Evening News.
Though police already suspected Fellows in Kinsella’s death, it was his Garmin Forerunner that linked him to Massey’s unsolved 2015 murder. While detectives were investigating Fellows, they came across a photo of the suspect wearing his Garmin Forerunner during 2015’s Great Manchester 10K (he ran 47:17, pictured above) two months before the murder of Massey that July. Detectives then located the device at Fellows’s home and checked its GPS data for files that could link him to Massey.
They found that the runner plotted these murders with the attention and precision of any serious athlete, and accordingly, he recorded his recon missions. (Runner’s World has not been able to link Fellows to a public Strava or Garmin account.)

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jan 18, 19 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Runner/Cyclist/Hitman convicted of 2x assassination due to his Garmin Forerunner [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw this story a few times through the day today and all I could think of was this..... I used to coach this really great guy named Tim who was a writer/producer on CSI NY. One of the story lines he came up with while we were working together involved a guy who was killed while out on a training run. The investigators solved the crime by retracing the victims HR spikes and valleys and matching them to the topography of his. Something like that. I don't think GPS devices were all that common at the time but HRMs were so he used that as the science angle of the episode.
Quote Reply
Re: Runner/Cyclist/Hitman convicted of 2x assassination due to his Garmin Forerunner [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A whole different take on "Runner finds dead body" stories you hear

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply