Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Run shoe advice
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowtwitchers looking for some run shoe advice. I have been running in Skechers Go Run 4 for about 2 years now (in between I run in my Five Fingers and once in awhile in my Newtons) and looking to try something new. I am mid foot forefoot runner and I am looking for something with not more than 8mm drop. I run about 60km per week and want to train and maybe race in the shoe. I was looking the On running shoes and Hoka so was looking for some recommendations for models in those two brands. I don't need maximum cushioning (the cushioning in the Hoka scares me a bit but I will try not to be biased) but I read they have some models that so cushiony that you don't feel the road. Thanks for the feedback!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Run shoe advice [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been running in Hoka Claytons for a while now but really like the feel of their new Cavu and is my running preference. A little less cushioned and stack height than the Clayton and just suits my running style better.
Quote Reply
Re: Run shoe advice [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hows the toebox more wide or narrow?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's wider and the material is like a sock. No blister issues rubbing like with the Clayton too. Similar feel to run in just a little firmer and feels like a faster shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Run shoe advice [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm actually enjoying the Clifton 4.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Re: Run shoe advice [Jigsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A nice shoe but personally I find the Cliftons too soft. I love the Clayton for maximum softness and I love the Tracer for minimum but the Cavu is a nice middle or more slightly less than Clayton for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Koka Speed Instinct on trails.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just picked up some hoka arahis on a whim. overall i like them after a few miles, no long distance review. i had to adjust where i landed my foot as there is a bit of an assisted roll to the shoe, which is kinda neat once i got comfortable with it. the arahis seem to have more lateral support which is good for me. i tend to start subconsciously rolling to the outside of my foot when i get tired and l noticed these shoes help keep me in alignment better. also, there seems to be really good "cupping" around the heel area.

ive been running newbalance fresh foam vongos for a while and ive been happy with them, but im thinking these hokas may be my new go-to.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Saucony Kinvara 9 is the best shoe I’ve had to date. It’s go that soft, but firm feel. It is light (7.5oz) so you can run any distance in it. 4mm drop. Comfortable enough to go sockless if you want. I’ve run in K6-8, these are by far superior.
Quote Reply
Re: Run shoe advice [Jigsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well good thing I went and tried the Hoka's I tried the Clifton and another model and didn't them as soon as I put them on so that was a no go...so went with a last season's On Running shoe.

Quote Reply