Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project: Rydon vs. Rydon SX
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

I was just wondering if anybody could offer some guidance on selecting the Rudy Project Rydon vs the SX version... I generally like to have my sunny's relatively small (my previous pair was a pair of Spy M2's). I had a pair of spy scoops way back and I found them too big. I have a regular size face, however I generally wear my sunglasses on the smaller side.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project: Rydon vs. Rydon SX [eastcoasttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frame is the same between the Rydon and the Rydon SX, they just have different size lenses. I have a very small/narrow face and both lens styles work for me. The SX possibly look a little bit better, the standard lenses are a bit better for cycling, with more coverage on the sides. It's a great pair of glasses, you can't go wrong either way. If you can afford it buy the glasses and get a spare set of lenses in the other size.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just started selling Rudy- the stuff is nice. The Rydon SX (the smaller one?) is tip[ped to be one of our best sellers by our guys. I agree with you on lense.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my sunnies to be on the smaller side and tried on the Rudy range. Interesting thing was the Exynox SX were much better than the std Exynox but the Rydon SX were just too small and the Rydon was better.

Had a pair of spy scoops a couple of years back and they were bloody brilliant as far as a close fitting wrap around that didn't fog up.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project: Rydon vs. Rydon SX [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the input crew,

I like that idea of having two sets of lenses... I also like the look of the Ekynox SX... The regular Ekynox seem to have the dreaded "Bug Eye" look for most people. Although, i'm sure the coverage on them is excellent.

I'm leaning towards the regular Rydon considering i'm a contact lense wearer and the extra coverage from the wind is nice. I'll likely opt for an extra set of lenses (clear or yellow) because i'm the type of dude that wears eye coverage on the bike regardless of the weather.

By the way... Tom D. I've been away from the forum for a bit... Did you end up doing Laguna Phuket? Or did I just imagine you saying that you planned on doing that?

Cheers.. and thanks again for the replies all.. you've made my decision easier.
Quote Reply