Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor rings - front derailleur
Quote | Reply
Anyone having issues running rotor rings (53-39) with a SRAM force FD? Seems like the derailleur isn't long enough and bending enough to prevent some rubbing when on the small chainring. It's on a specialized transition since I guess the bike geometry does affect the angle of the FD.
Anyone had to switch to say dura ace FD?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor rings - front derailleur [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no problem on my QR Lucero lite. Though I am using all dura Ace groupo except for K-Force lites w/q ring. ido have to ease into the small ring or I loose chain if I go to fast. They do make a little guide that hooks to front der to make that almost impossable. Probably no help to you but ...

Re: Rotor rings - front derailleur [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it does help a bit. If I can't fix the problem, I can put a DA FD and my problem is fixed ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I;m using the Look proprietary cranks with a DA front der. and the shifting has been perfect from day one. As far as I can tell it shifts the same as round rings.

Paul
Last edited by: 596: Dec 26, 09 8:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have that same setup but havent found any problems, trek madone here

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Francois,

the problem is the angle of the braze-on; it's a littel more upright than normal so Specialized designed a spacer that essentially pushes the front derailleur back by 6mm and then it works just fine. by pushing it back (and down) it prevents the chain from rubbing on the little bridge on the front derailleur. we had a machine shop make some for us, and we have the longer bolts, but unfortunately they are not free since we obviously had to pay for them to be made, but I believe they are $8.00 (I'm away for the Christmas and all, so not at my office until the 31st). you can send me an email at kervin@rotorbikeusa.com and I can get one going as soon as I get back.

We have foud this to work on Guru and some 650c bikes as well.

Kervin

Rotor Bike Components USA
OUR NEW WEBSITE http://www.rotorbikeusa.com
Last edited by: kervinq: Dec 26, 09 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor rings - front derailleur [kervinq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a bunch. Email sent.
Quote Reply