Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rotor Cranks are ready! with Pic!
Quote | Reply
Even with all the "gee.....can you prove that?"....."gee....where's your data?"......"gee....I don't have one but I don't believe you".........."gee.....blah, blah, blah?"

I ordered a set of titanium Rotor Cranks to find out for myself. Got them on Tuesday afternoon. Mounted them on Wednesday evening. Took about 1 hour to install/setup. Easy to install. Great quality. I love how they fitted on my Zipp.

So, today is so busy at the Inn I don't get a chance to ride. I do get a ride around the block in sneakers. I expected to feel a wierd pedal stroke right off the bat. Nope.....they feel just like a regular set of cranks except when you go to coast at 12 and 6......whopps there is no 12:00!! It just felt alittle wierd with the top pedal sliding forward. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I go for an easy 40 miler. Nothing really hard since I have a VO2 Max test on Saturday morning. I'm using my Trek 5500 for the test. I'm really looking forward to the first ride....and the test.

Paul
Last edited by: getting-old: Jan 21, 05 16:44
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [getting-old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry bub no pictures no cranks.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might want to allow for a bit more curing time for the glue used to hold the BB in place. I had a bit of an issue last year when I raced too soon on RC's. I think they theoretically need 3 days to cure, or you risk having your regulation point move.

Dave

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post a pic this morning after we serve breakfast for the guests. : )

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You only need 12 hours of cure time, unless the frame is Ti or Mg, then I suggest using LOC-19269 #N-7649 Loctite Primer 1.75oz

Last edited by: Gary Tingley: Jan 21, 05 5:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You really have a big drop from saddle to aerobars! How much of a drop is that? Nice bike.

On my scandium bike, I did have a slippage incident on Rotors, which was cured (pun intended) by letting them set up for 3 days. On my 6000 series (6001, or some such alloy), I rode them within 24 hours with no slippage. Don't know if there is a relationship there, or if I was just unlucky with the scandium bottom bracket.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had my lbs install the titanium rotorcranks on my Cervelo Dual on Wednesday and with 24 hours of curing time I rode them for the first time yesterday. No problems. I'm curious what most folks set the default position at. I've got to double check and see on mine but the offset is barely noticeable on mine. In the picture provided of the Zipp the offset appears more noticeable. As for how it worked, I rode on a Computrainer and could notice much higher watts for sprinting and out of the saddle. Still need to assess for the overall course.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to ride at about a 17.5 cm drop. Now its slightly less, I think. I'll need to check it when I get a chance. Remember I'm 6-3 with very long legs (37" inseam) and very long arms. My back is not flat when I ride....I'm old (50 in 3 months).

As far as the off set. its set on the #2 mark being near the most off set).

Just got back from a 45 miler and it felt like nothing at my normal or above normal speed into a 10-15 mph wind. I didn't even notice the off set unless I tried to concentrate on MAKING the cranks work. If I let the cranks do the work and just ride I never noticed and it felt great. The biggest thing I found was into a head wind, either a tractor trailer going the other way or the stiff ocean wind. I didn't lose speed near as much as the trucks went by or was hit by a gust of wind. You let the cranks work and just hammer away. I loved the ride! As far as getting used to it..............I'll consider it about done. It was really NO big deal. My legs felt great after a ride that would normally have them VERY tired.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice...

Now order one of the 56 or 58 tooth aero big rings. Don't know if they're faster, but they're WAY cool!!

That and a disk wheel and you'll be as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll eventually order a 54t chaining. Its $196 so it'll wait a little while.

I'll be racing with a HED3 Carbon front and HED 3D disc.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's actually $154.80 for you, did you get the EClub login/password and coupon code? If not, email me and I will send it.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even then, $154 is a lot for one more tooth. Go big man, he's got 58's, 60's, and 63's. Those would look sweet on your bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But if I ever wish to ride again, I'll have to order the 54. I have to realistic sometimes, I just can't turn bigger then a 54.

Thanks Gary.....I sent an email.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Met the Saris reps at Trek San Diego today, they were prepping the Powertap SL/Zipp 404 wheels for the Floyd Landis training camp. Got to check out the PT SL/404 set, very nice, but very expensive at $1700 MSRP for the rear wheel only, clincher/tubular.

I still like the idea of a set of Velocity Aeroheads (405g) with a PT SL rear 28h and a Chris King front 24h. Light enough for racing and durable for training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In February they're bringing out the 34 teeth chain-ring....so that means a Compact set-up with a 50 too....the great advantage of Rotors once again.....

with anyone else you have to get new crankset, with Rotors you take the ones you have on at the moment and put the new ones one....slip them on and off....I'm I'm not mistaken Gary?.....

so I'm going Compact as soon as they come out.....with a 50 I will have the chain straighter on the cassette at the back for starters.....I can't hammer a 52-11 or 52-12 on the flats so what's the point....I'm hoping to have a smoother path from 17-16-15 etc etc whilst on the 50....

I'd love to get one of those big 55 plus rings but it's no advantege to me.....

....now, with the 34 I'll be able to fly up the many climbs around here......esp. on the hill climb TT course we have in Gibraltar iself.....we literally climb up to the top of the Rock, or thereabouts....I will take some pics to show you the climb soon enough......it's crazy!

I have justv talked 2 friends of mine to go Rotors too so I am the Rotor Evangelist at the moment.....hahahahaha......

How about this for a car sticker "Rotor riders do it at 1 o'clock" or even "Rotor riders have no dead spots!"....do I get a T-Shirt for this Mr. Tingley? hahahah

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd love to get one of those big 55 plus rings but it's no advantege to me.....

....now, with the 34 I'll be able to fly up the many climbs around here......esp. on the hill climb TT course we have in Gibraltar iself.....we literally climb up to the top of the Rock...
Are you still not seeing where one of those big mofo's would come in handy? Hint: If you need a 34 to fly up a hill, what do you think you'll need to fly down that hill? Or is it too windy to be able to pedal much on the descent?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...as cool as the other side of the pillow." LOL, that's great.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"do I get a T-Shirt for this?"

When you call up and order the compact chainrings, ask Ramon to put one in your package.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ramon is leaving Rotors he said.....didn't you know? He's off next week to another company.....it's no Daniel Garcia handling orders like mine it seems....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary,

What's the rim depth for the aeroheads?

Thanks,
Greg
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Cranks are ready! [yawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Front is 19mm, rear OC is 21mm. They are a little lighter than Open Pros, and taller, with a ^ profile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Greg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"When you call up and order the compact chainrings, ask Ramon to put one in your package."

You have T-shirts?

What do they look like? Can they be ordered from your site?.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's what mine looks like. Just installed the big ring yesterday - can't wait to race it.

How about you? Are you breaking the sound barrier yet on the P3? You know we're all expecting big things from you this season!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next